JioCinema breaks world record with over 3.2 crore viewers during IPL final
During Qualifier 2 of the
Disney's Hotstar, the former digital streaming partner of the IPL, drew over 2.5 crore simultaneous viewers for a cricket match in July 2019, a record that stood unbroken for several years.
Moreover, on April 17, about 2.4 crore viewers came together to watch M.S. Dhoni's CSK defend against a high-octane run chase from Royal Challengers Bangalore with bated breath at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium.
This record was set after bettering the one set on April 12 of a peak concurrency touching 2.2 crore, again when Dhoni almost pulled off another heist against Rajasthan Royals.
JioCinema continues to set global benchmarks in the world of digital sports viewing as it clocked over 1,500 crore video views in the first seven weeks of this year's IPL.
In the 16th edition of the IPL, Chennai Super Kings defeated Gujarat Titans by five wickets (via DLS method) in the rain-affected rescheduled final of the season to win a record-equalling fifth IPL title at the Narendra Modi Stadium.
Nifty, Sensex now at 'reasonable valuations' but midcaps, small caps and financials still have some juice left
M&M Q4 standalone net profit rises 22% YoY to ₹1,549 crore, misses estimates
AdvertisementAirtel, not Jio, to gain the most from Vodafone Idea's troubles
Popular on BI
- Travel Boom: India spends 2X of pre-pandemic level on Airbnb with Goa leading the charge
- Swiggy disburses over Rs 450 cr in loans to 8000 restaurant owners
- Hyundai Motor India says all its vehicles to come with 6 airbags
- Earthquake jolts Delhi and other parts of northern India
- World Bank pegs India's FY24 GDP growth at 6.3% as global headwinds emerge