Emcure Pharmaceuticals to raise ₹1,100 crore via fresh issue; Bain Capital to sell stake via IPO
- Pune-based Emcure Pharmaceuticals is looking to raise ₹1,100 crore via fresh issue of shares in the IPO.
- The Indian pharmaceutical company is engaged in developing, manufacturing and globally marketing a broad range of pharmaceutical products across several major therapeutic areas
- Among other promoters, private equity firm Bain Capital Investments will also be selling its shares in the IPO.
AdvertisementPune-based Emcure Pharmaceuticals has come forth again to publicly list its shares on exchanges.
In 2014, the company had attempted to hit the stock exchanges, but reportedly did not pursue it after Bain Capital invested about ₹226 crore, by which it was able to meet its immediate liquidity needs.
Now the initial public offering (IPO) comprises a fresh issue of ₹1,100 crore and an offer for sale of up to 1.81 crore equity shares that include promoters -- Satish Mehta selling up to 20.30 lakh equity shares and Sunil Mehta selling up to 2.50 lakh equity shares. Other selling shareholders include private equity investor Bain Capital, as well as certain individual shareholders. Media reports say the IPO size might be ₹4,000 crore including fresh issue and offer for sale.
Bain Capital had acquired a 13.09% stake in the company in 2014.
The Indian pharmaceutical company is engaged in developing, manufacturing and globally marketing a broad range of pharmaceutical products across several major therapeutic areas. It has an established presence in most of the major therapeutic areas, including, gynaecology, cardiovascular, vitamins, minerals and nutrients, oncology/antineoplastic, HIV and blood-related.
It also sells a portfolio of differentiated products internationally in over 70 countries. Emcure Pharmaceuticals has 14 manufacturing facilities across India that are capable of producing pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical products of a wide range of dosage forms.
The company said it will use ₹947.5 crore in repaying some of its debt and rest for general corporate purposes.
|Revenue||₹6056.4 crore||₹5048.5 crore||₹4717.1 crore|
|Profit||₹418.5 crore||₹100.6 crore||₹202.9 crore|
SEE ALSO: Zomato becomes a top pick for large mutual funds houses in July
Student loan provider Eduvanz raises ₹100 crore from JuvoVentures, Sequoia and other
Popular on BI
- 'Texting between iPhone and Android is broken:' Google puts Apple on blast for converting Android texts to green bubbles and 'blurry' compressed videos
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 beta arrives next month – here’s how to get early access
- Indian diamantaires want to make lab-grown diamonds a woman’s best friend
- Lok Sabha approves Energy Conservation Bill to accelerate climate action; opens multi-billion dollar carbon market
- Khadim doubles sales in Q1 FY23 on the back of strong retail performance
- Most luxury home sales came from Mumbai, and its suburb Thane leads in affordable homes
- Indian markets close flat as they await cues from US inflation data
- Best car pressure washers in India