Zomato becomes a top pick for large mutual fund houses in July
- India’s biggest mutual fund houses added one common stock to their equity portfolio in July — Zomato.
- Shares of Zomato were listed on July 27 on BSE and NSE.
- Top five mutual fund houses added 1-4 crore of Zomato stocks in July 2021.
AdvertisementTop five mutual funds — SBI MF, HDFC MF, ICICI Prudential MF, Aditya Birla Sun Life MF and Axis MF have added one common stock to their portfolio in July — the newly listed food delivery firm Zomato.
These five mutual fund houses comprise more than 55% of the industry’s total assets under management (AUM) of ₹35.31 lakh crore.
Zomato was listed on exchanges on July 27 with a 51% premium. While some analysts believe that the valuation is too expensive for a loss making company, some feel it is a futuristic company and bound to grow.
These large fund houses have bought more than a crore shares of the food delivery company in July. SBI Mutual Fund (MF) bought the highest at 4.24 crore shares followed by Axis Mutual Fund with 3.51 crore of Zomato stock.
|Top 5 fund houses||Zomato shareholding (in crore)|
|ICICI Prudential MF||1.38|
|Aditya Birla Sun Life MF||1.7|
Meanwhile, there were three other initial public offerings (IPOs) as well, which debuted in July and opened with more than 90% premium on exchanges — Clean Science and Technology, GR Infraprojects and Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem.
Shares of Clean Science and Technology were bought by HDFC MF, Axis MF and SBI MF. GR Infraprojects was picked by SBI MF, ICICI Prudential and HDFC MF and Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem was bought by Axis MF in July.
SEE ALSO: Tata Steel announces ₹270 crore annual bonus for all eligible employees for 2020-21
Pfizer and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines less effective against Delta variant, according to study
- Meet LignoSat, the world’s first wooden satellite that is set to orbit the Earth by 2024!
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane electric scooter with 113 km range to hit the roads starting ₹1.15 lk
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm
- 7 best places to visit in Amritsar on your next trip