KIMS IPO: Stock listed at over 20% premium, loses initial gains after soaring to ₹1059 per share
- Shares of Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences surged to ₹1,059 from its price band of ₹815-825 per share post listing.
- Hyderabad-based KIMS is one of the largest healthcare groups operating multi-specialty hospitals in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- The company’s shares had been subscribed 3.86 times on the last day of its subscription.
The shares of KIMS were trading at ₹978.55 at 10.49 am.
KIMS, which is one of the largest healthcare groups, offers a comprehensive range of healthcare services across over 25 specialties and super specialties, including cardiac sciences, oncology, neurosciences, gastric sciences, orthopaedics, organ transplantation, renal sciences and, mother and child care.
The grey market had hinted at a premium of ₹110 or at a price of ₹935 over the issue price of ₹815-₹825. However, the grey market is not an official measure of the market premium.
According to Ventura Securities, KIMS’ strong brand equity, and cluster based expansion in adjacent markets of central India (Indore, Aurangabad, Raipur and Nagpur), Odisha (Bhubaneshwar), Karnataka (Bengaluru and greater Karnataka) and Tamil Nadu (Chennai) will augur well for sustaining high growth with strong profitability. “We expect KIMS to expand the network bed capacity to 3,800 (+1,200 beds) by FY24 through a mix of brownfield and greenfield expansions while incurring a capex of ₹815.8 crore,” the report said.
SEE ALSO: Shares of milk distributor Dodla Dairy list at 38% premium on exchanges Indians are making big plans of ‘revenge travel’ as COVID-19 restrictions get lifted in many states
Popular on BI
- Google’s birthday: Here's a look at the significant milestones in Google's 23-year history
- Aditya Birla AMC IPO’s grey market premium stands at ₹70 per share; up 10% from issue price band
- WATCH: "Someone said I am good enough to be a rickshaw puller," shares Freshworks CEO Girish Mathrubootham in a candid chat
- Paras Defence and Space Technologies IPO: Here’s how to check allotment status
- MyGlamm has set aside $100 million to acquire 6 beauty and personal care brands under new entity
- After Moderna chief, Pfizer CEO says COVID-19 likely to end in a year
- Like many 23-year-olds, Google is facing ‘trust’ issues
- COVID-19: Mizoram's positivity rate at 32% after 1,659 new cases registered in the state