MedPlus Health Services is a good play on growing e-commerce pharmacy space, say analysts; GMP at ₹300
- Pharmacy retail chain MedPlus Health Services is looking to raise ₹1,639 crore through IPO.
- The company offers both offline and online sales of pharmaceutical products through website and mobile application.
- Azim Premji’s PI Opportunities Fund is among the promoters of the company selling its shares through the IPO.
AdvertisementAnother IPO that is open for subscription this week is Hyderabad-based pharmacy retail chain MedPlus Health Services. The ₹1,398 crore initial public offering (IPO) will close on December 15.
The IPO consists of a fresh issue of ₹600 crore worth of shares and an offer for sale of shares worth ₹798.29 crore by selling shareholders. 18 shareholders will be selling shares in the IPO including PI Opportunities fund, which is an affiliate of PremjiInvest. PremjiInvest is the family office of billionaire Azim Premji, founder chairman of Wipro.
The company is India's second-largest pharmacy retailer in terms of the number of stores and revenue. It sells a wide range of pharmaceutical products and fast-moving consumer goods (FMGC), such as medicines, vitamins, medical devices, home, and personal care products, etc
The grey market premium of the company’s shares were demanding a premium of ₹300 per share. Moreover, analysts are also bullish on the company as it sees several growth opportunities in the pharmacy retailing space.
Analysts at ICICIdirect say that MedPlus with its clustered store presence is well suited to leverage on an omni-channel platform (online and offline) with a hyper local delivery model. “We assign SUBSCRIBE rating given its unique model and decent valuation,” said the brokerage firm.
A report by Religare Broking said that MedPlus is well-positioned to benefit from a fast-growing Indian e-commerce pharmacy retail market. “Going forward, the company intends to grow its Omni-channel platform with a hyper-local delivery model. Also, they plan to strengthen the market reach by entering new geographies. On the financial front, the company’s performance seems decent. From a long term growth perspective, we have a positive view on MedPlus,” said analysts at the broking firm.
MedPlus is among the top two players in terms of physical store addition and average revenue per store.
|Players||Net store additions in FY21||Average revenue per store in FY21|
|Apollo Pharmacy||4,118||₹1.42 crore|
|Wellness Forever||223||₹4.68 crore|
SEE ALSO: The grey market is losing interest in Metro Brands’ IPO, but the analysts are still gung ho — here’s what the data have to say
Supriya Lifescience IPO to open on December 16: Check out important details related to the IPO
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- Elizabeth Holmes was so obsessed with Steve Jobs she wanted an Apple flag flown half-mast at Theranos after he died: book
- Dabur Amla hair oil ad featuring Deepika Padukone restricted from WhatsApp circulation
- Shekhar Kapoor reported to be working on sequel of cult classic film Masoom - All we know so far
- India a prime example of successfully growing domestic pharma industry: UNICEF official
- Samsung Galaxy F54 with mega battery launched in India – Check out price and other details
- Kochi startup that connects farmers & consumers selected for UN's Accelerator Programme