Gujarat State Fertilizers and Chemicals surges over 4% on reports of anti-dumping duty approval
Gujarat State Fertilizers & Chemicals
- Reportedly, the
Directorate General of Trade Remedieshas recommended anti-dumping duty on Caprolactam from the European Union, Korea, Russia and Thailand.
- This is seen benefiting the company as it had filed an application for anti-dumping duty on Caprolactam earlier.
- Shares of the company rose 4% on Tuesday morning.
The Gujarat-based firm had earlier filed an application for anti-dumping duty on Caprolactam as cheap imports by some countries were disrupting trade for domestic players. The company manufactures fertilisers and industrial chemicals.
Basically, anti-dumping duty is a tariff imposed on imports from other countries that export products at cheaper value thereby disrupting trade in the domestic market.
To ensure a level playing field in the domestic market, the government imposes anti-dumping duty on foreign imports when it believes that the goods are being “dumped” – through the low pricing – in the domestic market. Anti-dumping duty is imposed to protect local businesses and markets from unfair competition.
The company had alleged that material injury was being caused to the domestic industry due to dumped imports from the subject countries and has requested the DGTR for the imposition of the anti-dumping duties on the imports.
The imposition of anti-dumping duty is permissible under the World Trade Organisation (WTO) regime. The duty is aimed at ensuring fair trading practices and creating a level-playing field for domestic producers vis-a-vis foreign producers and exporters.
SEE ALSO: Nearly as old as Google, Pine Labs is betting on these two segments to make it worth $6 billion
Paras Defence and Space Technologies IPO: Here’s how to check allotment status
Popular on BI
- 'Harry Potter' had a chance to represent Indian kids like me, but all we got were Parvati and Padma Patil's atrocious Yule Ball outfits
- Manchester United owners are getting drawn to the world's biggest cricket league – here's why
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Indian Prime Minister’s vaccine celebration may really be a pitch for a ratings upgrade
- Here’s how to install Android apps on Windows 11
- Singapore arbitrator favours Amazon’s claim, Future-Reliance’s ₹25,000 crore deal put on hold longer
- Google lowers Play Store fees from 30% to 15% for developers
- Best compact entry-level bluetooth speakers with mic