SBI Mutual Fund to come up with an IPO; SBI to sell 6% out of 63% stake via the public issue
State Bank of Indiain a statement said that the lender is exploring opportunities to offload 6% stake in the SBIFunds Management through IPOroute.
- Currently, SBI has 63% stake in the fund house while the MF is reportedly valued at $7 billion.
SBI MFwill be the third fund house to get listed on exchanges after UTI AMC and HDFC AMC.
AdvertisementIndia’s largest lender, State Bank of India (SBI) has informed exchanges on Wednesday that SBI Mutual Fund (MF) may get listed and that SBI is looking to sell 6% stake in the company through the initial public offering (IPO).
Currently, SBI has a 63% stake in the fund house and the remaining 37% is held by Paris-based AMUNDI Asset Management. SBI MF is a joint venture between SBI and AMUNDI Asset Management.
A Bloomberg report said that the bank is looking to raise $1 billion through this IPO.
SBI MF will become the third fund house to get listed on exchanges after UTI Asset Management and HDFC Asset Management.
The fund house made a profit of ₹862 crore in FY21 from a total income of ₹1,619 crore. Also, it is among the top fund houses in the country with assets under management of ₹5.78 lakh crore as of September quarter.
Reports say that SBI’s plan to list the mutual fund arm is part of its strategy to monetise its non-core operations after divesting some of its stakes in life insurance and cards businesses last year. SBI had raised over ₹10,340 crore through the listing of SBI Cards and ₹8400 crore through SBI Life IPO.
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns