Top stock movers — ONGC, HDFC Bank, NMDC, Pfizer, SpiceJet, IndiGo, IRCTC, Tata Chemicals, and others
- The 30-share BSE index was trading 150.78 points higher at 45,230 points, and the Nifty50 also rose 48.35 points at 13,306.90.
- Here’s a list of the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack.
- These are the top stocks that are buzzing in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
AdvertisementIndian equity benchmark Sensex jumped over 150 points and Nifty crossed the 13,300 level to hit their fresh lifetime peaks in early trade on Monday, tracking gains in index majors ICICI Bank, ITC and HUL amid persistent foreign fund inflow.
After touching a record intraday high of 45,245, the 30-share BSE index was trading 150.78 points higher at 45,230 points. The Nifty50 also rose 48.35 points at 13,306.90.
Here’s a list of the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack.
*as of December 7, 10:30 am
|Top Nifty Gainers
|Top Nifty Losers
|Kotak Mahindra Bank
|Hero Moto Corp
These are the top stocks in news today.
ONGC trades 5% higher
The shares of ONGC gained over 5% after its overseas investment arm ONGC Videsh has made a “significant” oil discovery in an onshore block in Colombia.
NMDC gains over 3%
The shares of state-owned NMDC gained over 3% after the long-pending issue of Donimalai iron ore mine in Karnataka was resolved. The central government has reached an agreement with the Karnataka state government and the Ministry of Steel to extend Donimalai Iron ore lease.
APL Apollo Tubes up over 4%
The shares of Apl Apollo Tubes rose over 4% after the company set December 16 as the record date for share split. The company earlier approved splitting each stock of face value ₹10 each into 5 equity shares of the face value of ₹2 each.
Pfizer rises over 2%
The shares of Pfizer soared nearly 3% after the company became the first pharmaceutical firm to seek from the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) an emergency-use authorisation for its Covid-19 vaccine in the country after its parent secured such clearance in the UK and Bahrain.
SpiceJet, IndiGo and IRCTC rally with other hospitality stocks
SpiceJet, IndiGo and IRCTC shares rallied with other hospitality stocks with the hopes of a COVID vaccine nearing reality. SpiceJet gained over 4%, IndiGo was up 2%, and IRCTC rallied nearly 8%.
Tata Chemicals gains over 7%
Tata Chemicals stock rallied over 7% after the stock had surged16% in the past two days after Tata Sons bought an additional 2.57 million shares of the company for ₹121 crore via the open market.
SEE ALSO: Oxford COVID-19 vaccine: Serum Institute seeks emergency use nod for Covishield vaccine in India
Section 144 extended across Noida and Greater Noida till January 2
Popular on BI
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4% in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6%
- Fiscal deficit at Jan-end touches 63.6% of full year target: Govt data
- Cabinet approves 3 semiconductor fab units, to generate 80,000 jobs
- RIL shares climb nearly 1% after announcing mega merger
- Key infra sectors' growth slows to 15-month low of 3.6% in January