Top stock movers — RIL, SpiceJet, Titan, Tech Mahindra, Vodafone Idea, Gland Pharma, Bharat Electronics, and others
- The 30-share BSE index was trading 0.34% higher, and the broader NSE Nifty was trading points 39 higher on Friday at 10:40 am.
- Here’s a list of the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack.
- These are the top stocks that are buzzing in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
AdvertisementIndian equity benchmark indices surged in early trade on Friday, tracking gains in index-heavyweights HDFC twins, Kotak Bank and Bajaj Finance amid largely positive cues from global markets and sustained foreign fund inflow.
The 30-share BSE index was trading 0.34% higher, and the broader NSE Nifty was trading points 39 higher on Friday at 10:40 am.
Here’s a list of the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack.
*as of November 20, 10:35 am
|Top Nifty Gainers||Top Nifty Losers|
|Bajaj Finserv||IndusInd Bank|
|Tech Mahindra||Axis Bank|
These are the top stocks in news today.
SpiceJet extends gain for the second day
SpiceJet shares gained over 5% — extending gains for the second day in a row after the US FAA cleared Boeing’s 737 Max aircraft to resume flying. 737 Max aircraft were banned nearly two years ago after two fatal crashes. SpiceJet has a fleet of 13 such planes that were grounded in March 2019.
Vodafone Idea gains nearly 5%
The shares of Vodafone Idea soared 5% after receiving cash consideration of ₹3,760.1 crore for its 11.15% shareholding in Indus, post the completion of the much-delayed merger of Bharti Infratel and Indus Towers on Thursday.
Mphasis up nearly 3%
The shares of IT firm Mphasis gained over nearly 3% after its subsidiary, Mphasis Consulting, acquired UK-based Datalytyx for up to £13.3 million (about ₹130.4 crore).
The acquisition is expected to provide access to strengthen Mphasis next-generation Data GTM Strategy and provide higher value partnership status with Snowflake and Talend for cloud-based data services, a regulatory filing said.
AdvertisementGland Pharma stellar debut
The shares of Gland Pharma listed at a premium of 12% over the issue price band on the Indian stock exchanges. The shares gained nearly 7% post listing, in minutes after debut.
Bharat Electronics surges 5%
The shares of Bharat Electronics surged 5% post strong management guidance and brokerages remain bullish on the stock. Jefferies has maintained its “buy” rating with a target of ₹130 per share.
SEE ALSO: PUBG Mobile India was rumoured to launch today — but there is no official update from the company
FOMO helps Gland Pharma swell on debut
Popular on BI
- Samsung launches Galaxy S23, S23 Plus and S23 Ultra - All you need to know about the new flagship phones
- First Impressions: Samsung Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra bet big on photography and gaming
- Gautam Adani takes the high road and calls off Adani Enterprises FPO after a 28% crash in stock price
- Budget Impact: 10 stocks that stand to gain from FM’s announcements
- Budget to boost confidence of global investors and rating agencies on the India story