Top stock movers — Wipro, TCS, Infosys, HCL Tech, Future Retail, IRCTC, BHEL and more
- The 30-share BSE index Sensex surged 476.45 points, and the NSE Nifty gained over 1.15% at 10:01 am.
- Here’s a list of the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack.
- These are the top stocks that are buzzing in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
AdvertisementIndian stock market indices Sensex and Nifty opened in green led by gains in IT stocks and the positive global cues.
The 30-share BSE index Sensex surged 476.45 points, and the NSE Nifty gained over 1.15% at 10:01 am.
Here’s a list of the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack.
*as of October 8, 9:55 am
|Top Nifty Gainers||Top Nifty Losers|
These are the top stocks in news today.
Wipro shares touch a new high
The shares of IT giant Wipro were trading 5% higher— hitting a fresh over 20-year high on the BSE after the company announced that its board would consider a buyback plan on October 13.
TCS shares gain over 5%
The shares of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) were trading 5% higher after the company posted robust second quarterly results – with 7% QoQ growth in its consolidated net profit to ₹7,475 crore for the quarter ended September 30. TCS also announced a ₹16,000 crore buyback plan at ₹3,000 per equity share.
Infosys shares trade 4% higher
The shares of IT major Infosys were trading 4% higher after its US subsidiary Infosys Public Services in collaboration with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Couchbase, and Knowi developed the Infosys Health Insights Platform (IHIP). The company said IHIP is an automated data science platform for public health agencies, that will help agencies scale their analytics capabilities and turn massive amounts of data into valuable insights.
Bandhan Bank shares gains over 3%
The shares of the private lender Bandhan Bank were trading 3% higher after it reported stellar growth for the June-September quarter. The bank said its deposits grew 3% YoY and 5% QoQ in the second quarter ended September 30.
IRCTC and BHEL trade over 1% higher
AdvertisementThe shares of IRCTC and BHEL were trading over 1% higher after reports surfaced that IRCTC and BHEL are among the 15 private companies that have participated in the bidding process for operating passenger trains in 12 clusters.
Future Retail, Future Enterprises and other Future Group stocks trade in red
The shares of Future Retail, Future Enterprises were trading 5% lower after the e-commerce giant Amazon sent a legal notice to Kishore Biyani-led Future Group for allegedly breaching a non-compete agreement over striking a deal with Reliance Industries (RIL).
SEE ALSO: TCS announces ₹16,000 crore buyback — strong show in Q2 with 7% rise in profit, margins near two-year high
Following TCS’ lead, Wipro announces plans to buyback shares
SBI’s new chief Dinesh Khara shares his stance on restructuring, capital raising, hiring, and more
Popular on BI
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- RBI hikes repo rate by 50 bps, taking it to a three-year high of 5.9% – Das says inflation at ‘alarmingly high levels’ across jurisdictions
- Best camera phone under ₹15000
- Best 5G mobile phones under ₹20000
- 22 lakh Indian IT professionals likely to leave jobs by 2025: Report
- OnePlus says successfully geared up for 5G launch with 5G-ready smartphone portfolio
- This website generates videos from a single image and text for free – here’s all you need to know