Top stocks to watch — PVR, Inox Leisure, SBI Cards, HPCL, Pidilite Industries, Adani Power, Berger Paints, and others
- The SGX Nifty was trading 0.81% lower at 7:55 am, indicating a negative start for Nifty50.
- Here’s a list of stocks to watch for in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
AdvertisementEven amid positive cues from the global markets, the Indian equities are likely to open in the red on Thursday. The SGX Nifty was trading 0.81% lower at 7:55 am, indicating a negative start for Nifty50.
However, the US stock markets also soared on Wednesday, as investors shrug off the undecided election. The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 368 points higher, and the S&P 500 gained 2.2%.
These are the stocks to watch out for during the trading session on November 5:
PVR and Inox Leisure
PVR and Inox Leisure stocks will be in focus during the trade today after the Maharashtra Government has now allowed cinema halls to open in areas outside containment zones with 50% of their seating capacity from today.
The shares of PVR and Inox Leisure ended 1% and 2% higher on Wednesday, respectively.
The board of the Hindustan Petroleum (HPCL) approved a ₹2,500 crore share buyback plan as the company management feels the share price is lower than the value it deserves. In a stock exchange filing, HPCL said it would buy back up to 10 crore shares for no more than ₹250/share.
The net profit of the company also nearly doubled in the second quarter led by a surge in refining margins and inventory gains. The net profit in July-September stood at ₹2,477 crore as compared to ₹1,052 crore in a year-ago period. The shares of HPCL ended 0.83% higher on Wednesday,
SBI Cards and Payment Services (SBI Card) has launched credit cards in partnership with the digital payment platform Paytm. Available in two variants, Paytm SBI Card and Paytm SBI Card SELECT, the product has been launched on the Visa platform.
AdvertisementThe shares of SBI Cards ended 0.53% higher on Wednesday,
JK Lakshmi Cement reported an 86.90% rise in consolidated net profit to ₹92.93 crore for the second quarter ended September 30, helped by cost reduction. The revenue from operations rose 11.79% to ₹1,131.74 crore during the quarter under review.
The shares of JK Lakshmi ended 4% higher on Wednesday,
Jubilant Life Sciences
The board of Jubilant Life Sciences approved raising up to ₹100 crore via non-convertible debentures (NCD).
AdvertisementThe shares of Jubilant Life Sciences ended 2% higher on Wednesday,
Fevicol maker Pidilite Industries reported a 9.66% increase in consolidated net profit to ₹356.44 crore for the quarter ended September 30. The company’s revenue from operations rose 4.08% at ₹1,880.33 crore during the quarter under review.
The shares of Pidilite Industries ended 0.36% lower on Wednesday,
Aditya Birla Capital, Adani Power, Berger Paints India and Emami
Aditya Birla Capital, Adani Power, Berger Paints India and Emami are slated to report their second-quarter earnings today.
AdvertisementSEE ALSO: How Trump and Biden can win based on where the election stands now
India is looking to bring in the vehicle scrappage policy soon — here’s what it means for you
SBI’s profit jumps over 50% in Q2 — India’s largest bank plans to outperform the industry when it comes to credit growth
Popular on BI
- A boomer moved back to Virginia after living in Florida for a decade. She says she'll 'never own another home' in the Sunshine State and loves the slower pace of life.
- Satellite images reveal Egypt has been quietly building a 16-foot wall on its border with Gaza
- Congressman presses Elon Musk to provide SpaceX satellite services for US defense forces in Taiwan, report says
- The importance of multi-asset investing
- AirAsia looks to add tier-2 and tier -3 cities to its India route map
- Most Internet users avail of OTT services; 53% of them from rural areas: Report
- Companies to dole out 10% average salary hike this year, says survey
- Godrej Appliances expects 20% growth in AC, refrigerator sales in summer season