Adidas ties up with cricketer Rohit Sharma for sustainable apparel
AdvertisementThis collection comes in continuation with Adidas and Rohit's long-standing partnership and commitment to end plastic waste.
Rohit has also written about his support for the cause on social media, "Playing cricket is my dream and helping make this world a better place is a cause we all need to work towards. It was special for me to take a cause so close to my heart with me on the field while I do what I love. I take my cause with me while I go out and do what I love! I walk out with my cause, but it won't end there; I need you guys to walk with me." He wrote two posts, one after each game, highlighting the need for rhino conservation in the first and talking about the significance of getting our oceans clean in the second.
The stylish and 'Sustainable Collection' will comprise an array of products ranging from Training T-Shirts, Training Pants, Shorts, Track Suits, Polo T-Shirts, Roundneck T-Shirts, Sweatshirts & Lounge Pants. The collection has been designed by leading experiential designer Aaquib Wani in collaboration with Rohit. The limited edition collection will be available in select stores and Adidas.co.in.
Speaking at the launch, Indian Cricket Captain Rohit Sharma said, "Marine pollution is one of the biggest challenges mankind faces today. Oceans are key to our survival; they are a world like no other and must be protected. My association with Adidas over the years has been a major step toward spreading awareness for the cause, which is why I am proud to collaborate with them for this collection. Ending plastic waste is a priority for us both, and this collection is a result of unparalleled commitment and effort towards saving the oceans."
"As our sustainability ambassador Rohit has always been at the forefront of our quest to end plastic waste; this collection marks a milestone for our partnership. Through this partnership, we aim to spread awareness and inspire millions out there to join us in our effort to end plastic waste."
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- I flew cross-country with my 5-month-old son on my lap. Next time, I'm paying full price for him to have his own seat.
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala