Punjab provided free cancer treatment worth ₹13.54 crores to patients
He said 1,265 cancer patients have been provided free treatment under the
He said instructions have been issued to the health officials for giving impetus to the implementation of the government's health schemes and programmes so that the public may get benefit.
"Punjab has a high prevalence of cancer and its treatment involves high costs which is not affordable for the patients belonging to the poor. In order to safeguard the life of the poor patients, this scheme has proven to be a boon for them as they can get free treatment up to Rs 1.5 lakh in any of the 19 hospitals empanelled with the government, including prestigious like
"Any resident suffering from cancer can apply for this cashless treatment scheme at the empanelled hospital. Also the procedure to approve such cases has been digitalised," the minister said.
The patients can log on to www.mmpcrk.gov.in to track the status of their application online. A free travel facility in Punjab Roadways and PRTC buses has been provided for the cancer patients.
Popular on BI
- Exploring India's majestic glaciers: 10 frozen wonders
- New fund alert: 'Axis India Manufacturing Fund'
- Anti-collision system KAVACH, Delhi-Kolkata, Delhi-Mumbai corridor to see completion in 2024-25: Vaishnaw
- Top 10 places to visit in India in December
- 10 Amazing health benefits of Aloe Vera