Punjab provided free cancer treatment worth ₹13.54 crores to patients
He said 1,265 cancer patients have been provided free treatment under the
He said instructions have been issued to the health officials for giving impetus to the implementation of the government's health schemes and programmes so that the public may get benefit.
"Punjab has a high prevalence of cancer and its treatment involves high costs which is not affordable for the patients belonging to the poor. In order to safeguard the life of the poor patients, this scheme has proven to be a boon for them as they can get free treatment up to Rs 1.5 lakh in any of the 19 hospitals empanelled with the government, including prestigious like
"Any resident suffering from cancer can apply for this cashless treatment scheme at the empanelled hospital. Also the procedure to approve such cases has been digitalised," the minister said.
The patients can log on to www.mmpcrk.gov.in to track the status of their application online. A free travel facility in Punjab Roadways and PRTC buses has been provided for the cancer patients.
Popular on BI
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- WhatsApp introduces the “Message Yourself” feature, working on voice status updates and more
- DeSantis says Congress should act if Apple follows through on Elon Musk claims and bans Twitter from App Store
- Best refrigerator under ₹15000
- Asus ROG Phone 6 review: A bit more than just gaming
- Fintech unicorn CRED to acquire SaaS startup CreditVidya
- Jio Haptik and CASHe partner to deliver instant credit lines on Whatsapp
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed 5.97 times on day 2