How to transfer WhatsApp chats and data from an Android phone to iPhone
- WhatsApp has introduced a new feature that allows users to transfer their WhatsApp data from an
Androiddevice to an iPhone.
- This allows you to transfer your chats, media and settings easily.
- Here’s how you can transfer your WhatsApp data from an Android phone to an iPhone.
AdvertisementTransferring data from one phone to another when you are changing your device has always been troublesome, especially when it is from an Android phone to an iPhone.
One of the biggest issues you may face while moving from an Android device to an iPhone is transferring WhatsApp data. The Meta-owned app has come up with a solution for this, allowing you to easily transfer your WhatsApp data from an Android phone to an iPhone.
What can you transfer?
You can transfer your chats, group chats, media, settings, account information and chat history. You will not be able to transfer your call history.
How to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone?
For this to work, you need to have an Android phone running on Android 5.0 and above and an iPhone running on iOS 15.5 or above.
- Install the Move to iOS app on your Android phone.
- Connect both the devices to the same Wi-Fi network or connect the Android device to your iPhone’s hotspot.
- Open the Move to iOS app on your Android device and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Enter the code being shown on your iPhone into your Android device.
- Now, tap on “Continue” and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Then, select WhatsApp on the data transfer screen.
- Now, tap “Start” on your Android device.
- Tap on “Continue” and wait for the Move to iOS app to inform you that the data transfer is complete.
- Install WhatsApp on your iPhone and login using the same number.
- Then, tap “Start” to recover the data on your iPhone.
Nothing phone (1) design revealed officially – from transparent back cover to aluminium frame, here’s everything we know so far
Just borns to now get a temporary Aadhar number
Apple iPhone 13, iPhone 12, iPhone SE and more are now cheaper by up to ₹11,901
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade