How to download and use Aarogya Setu Coronavirus tracking app
- The Indian government launched the
Aarogya Setuapp to help users stay safe from the Coronavirus pandemic.
- The app uses your location data and Bluetooth information to ascertain if you’ve been in close proximity with a Coronavirus patient.
- The Aarogya Setu app is available for both Android and iOS users.
AdvertisementPrime Minister Narendra Modi during his speech on April 14 urged the people to download the Aarogya Setu app that will help you stay safe during the Coronavirus pandemic. The app developed by the National Informatics Centre is available for both Android and iOS devices and supports 11 languages at the moment, including English and Hindi.
The app’s description says that it is aimed at ‘augmenting initiatives of government’ to ‘proactively’ inform citizens about the ‘best practices and relevant advisories pertaining to the containment of COVID-19’.
The app uses your location data and Bluetooth information to alert you if you have crossed paths with someone who has tested positive for Coronavirus. In addition to alerting you about this, the app will also provide you with instructions on how to self-isolate and what to do if you develop any symptoms.
For this how to, we have installed the Aarogya Setu app on the OnePlus 7.
How to use the Aarogya Setu app
- Download the Aarogya Setup app for Android and iOS and provide its location and Bluetooth permission.
- Select your desired language and click on ‘Next’
- Now, enter your mobile number and click on ‘Submit’.
- You will get an OTP, enter the OTP to proceed.
- Now, it will ask your personal details such as your gender, full name, age, profession and the countries that you have travelled to in the last 3 days.
- Based on this information and your location data, the app will show the risk level for you.
- The app also includes a self-assessment section that allows you to determine the level of risk to you by answering some questions.
- It also provides you the phone numbers for Coronavirus help centers across the country.
- Users can also use the app to get more information about Coronavirus, do’s and don’ts and safety measures against Coronavirus.
These MBA students built a game – Bhag Corona where PM Modi shoots vaccines at coronavirus
How to avail three-month moratorium for SBI EMI and credit cards
How to avail three-month moratorium for ICICI Bank EMI and credit cards
Popular on BI
- Toyam Sports Limited signed up as title sponsor for India tour of Bangladesh
- Deadly Covid variants still transmissible between species, finds study
- Australia researchers find poor sleep may be risk factor for Type 2 diabetes
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- NPCI defers UPI market cap rules till Dec 31, 2024