Android users will soon be able to transfer WhatsApp chats without needing to backup on Google Drive
- This feature allows users to transfer chats from one device to another by scanning a QR code.
- Read further to know what the feature is and how it works.
AdvertisementWhatsApp has been working on a chat transfer feature that allows Android users to transfer chat by scanning a QR code from an old phone to a new one without using Google Drive. This means you don’t need to backup your chat on Google Drive to download it on another device.
According to WABetaInfo, the feature will provide you with more control over migrating your chats and messages. The feature is currently under development and may soon be available for users in a future update.
This feature might be useful as it does not require any application to initiate the transferring process; rather, it transfers chat from within the application. Also, it will make transferring chats from one device to another faster and easier.
How the feature works-
- Open WhatsApp on both Android devices.
- Click on 'continue', when WhatsApp asks to move chats from the old phone.
- Scan the QR code on the new phone from the old phone.
- After scanning, the chat history will start getting transferred to the new phone.
Also, this feature will work on Android devices only and it is unknown whether it will be functional on iOS devices in future or not.
When will the feature be rolled out?
The feature is currently under development and it is not known when it will be available for users. We will keep you updated whenever the feature rolls out.
Amazon Republic Day Sale: Offers and discounts on winter essentials that you shouldn’t miss
The best apps for marathon runners on iPhones and Apple Watch
Popular on BI
- Indian startup founders celebrate Paytm’s success as company posts first operating profit
- Zookeepers were stumped when a female gibbon got pregnant while alone in her cage. 2 years later they say there was a tiny hole that she and a neighboring male used to copulate through.
- Not just LIC, 32 mutual fund houses have exposure to Adani Group stocks
- Over 16 lakh people renounced Indian citizenship since 2011
- TRAI's move to display callers' names endangers privacy, imposes costs says industry body IAMAI
- This V-day, Indians want ChatGPT to play Cupid & write their love letters
- Rate hikes will not impact collections efficiency of NBFCs: ICRA
- No new Covid variants emerged during China's recent outbreak: Lancet study