Apple VR/MR headset tipped for January 2023 launch, says analyst Ming-Chi Kuo
Applecould release its first augmented reality headset in January next year.
Ming-Chi Kuosaid Apple’s AR/MR will be a game-changer for the headset industry.
- Apple's mixed reality headset could cost more than $2000.
AdvertisementApple will release its augmented reality (AR)-mixed reality (MR) headset in January next year, as the buzz around metaverse gains steam.
According to Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, the vast potential demand in the Chinese market and "Apple AR/MR, which will likely release in January 2023, will also favour the continued rapid growth of the headset sector".
"Although Apple has repeatedly reiterated its focus on AR, I believe Apple AR/MR supporting video see-thru could also offer an excellent immersive experience," Kuo predicted.
"Therefore, the launch of Apple AR/MR will further boost the demand for immersive gaming/multimedia entertainment," he added.
Earlier report predicted that Apple may launch its AR/MR headset this year.
Kuo says Apple is a "a game-changer for the VR headset industry."
Apple is also reportedly planning to launch RealityOS for its headset.
The RealityOS has appeared in a trademark filing, "which hasn't been officially filed by the Apple but it's common practice for large companies to apply for trademarks under one-off company".
The RealityOS powered headsets will be able to offer a combination of VR and AR experiences, immersing users in virtual content as well as layering virtual elements over real world environments.
During an interview with the Chinese state-run publication the China Daily this week, Apple CEO
"I think that we're still in the very early innings of how this technology will evolve. I couldn't be more excited about the opportunities we've seen in this space, and sort of stay tuned and you'll see what we have to offer," he was quoted as saying.
Poco F4 5G vs iQOO Neo 6 5G — specifications and features compared
Google’s latest update brings safer browsing, a new home screen, better translation and more for Chrome on iOS
Popular on BI
- Dr Pepper forced to give $100K prize to BOTH contestants after boos erupt following odd tie-breaker at SEC championship halftime contest
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- ChatGPT is a new AI chatbot that can find mistakes in your code or write a story for you
- Real estate decarbonisation startup Accacia raises $2.5 million in seed round
- Google Pixel Fold, the company’s foldable phone, could soon become a reality as it appears on Geekbench ahead of its launch next year
- More than one in five people experience violence and harassment at work: ILO
- End of revenge spending? Urban spending to taper off in the next few quarters, says Motilal Oswal
- Rupee falls 24 paise to 82.09/$ amid rising crude, foreign fund outflows