Google Pay users in India will soon be able to interact in Hinglish, split bills and sell their products online
Google Payis all set to get support for the Hinglish language.
- The company is also adding a bill split feature that will allow you to split your bills with friends and family.
- Merchants will soon be able to list their products in the Google Pay app.
Tech giant Google today announced several features for its payment and UPI app Google Pay during its Google for India 2021 event. The company highlighted the importance of digital payments amid the pandemic and showcased the upcoming features on its app.
Ambarish Kenghe, Vice President, Google Pay said that BHIM UPI clocks 3.6 billion transactions every month, reaching an overall transaction amount of over $1 trillion on an annual basis.
He added that Google Pay has over 15 billion transactions annually and more than $400 billion worth of transactions are done using the app.
Here are some of the interesting features being added to Google Pay:
Google Pay will soon get support for “Hinglish”, which is a combination of English and Hindi. Google has said that over 350 million Indians use Hinglish in their daily communication.
Google will add support for Hinglish in early 2022, allowing users to transform the app to a Hinglish interface.
Some of the terms that will be shown once changing the language to Hinglish are –
- QR code ko scan karein.
- Phone number ko pay karein.
- Haal hi ke payments (Recent Payments).
- Naam ya number se khojein
After adding groups to Google Pay, the company is working on adding the Bill split feature, allowing users to easily split expenses with friends and family. This can be done using either the group feature or contacts.
Google Pay will also help you track which of your friends have made the payment once you have split the bill.
The feature, Google said will be added later this year.
Voice support for bank account numbers
To help make transfers easier, Google is also working on adding support for voice commands for entering the recipient’s bank account number. Users will be able to say the bank account number in Hindi or English and Google will figure out the number.
Inventory for merchants
Google Pay presently has over 10 million merchants across 19,000 pin codes in India. Merchants will soon be able to add their products, working hours and more directly in the Google Pay app.
Shop owners will be able to add the product image, price, discounts and more to the app. This will allow shop owners to sell their products online without having to worry about setting up a website or an app.
WhatsApp wants NPCI to increase its UPI cap, current limits prevent it from onboarding 95% of its userbase
WhatsApp offers ₹51 cashback as it takes on PhonePe and Google Pay in India
Here’s how to buy and sell gold on Google Pay
Popular on BI
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Amazon Convertible Fest sale – Best deals on convertible ACs and refrigerators
- Govt intervention critical to remove green financing barriers, IPCC report stresses as we move towards 3.5°C warming
- BYJU's set to raise $250 million, at a lower valuation
- Piramal Realty inks deal with Jio-bp to install EV charging stations at its properties
- Sensex halts 2-day gaining streak, falls 290 pts to close below 58K