Google Play Store to get “Offers” tab for limited-time deals on apps and games
Play Storewill get a new “Offers” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- This will be the fifth tab for users, making the UI look more cluttered.
- The Offers section will show limited-time deals on
apps and games.
AdvertisementAfter Google rolled out the Material You redesign for the Play Store, it is now rolling out a new feature on its app store, the “Offers” tab at the bottom of the screen. This will be the fifth tab for most users and the bottom might look cluttered for some.
Currently, most users only have four tabs at the bottom — Games, Apps, Movies and Books. According to a report in 9to5Google, the “Offers” tab will be slotted between Apps and Movies at the centre of the screen. Android users who have purchased Play Pass also have a fifth tab for their devices currently. But the Play Pass is likely to be taken away from the bottom menu once the “Offers” tab feature is rolled out.
The “Offers” tab
If you are wondering what does the “Offers” tab bring for the users, it will show you ““Offers for apps you might like” and “Offers for games you might like”. In the Offers section, each app and game features a carousel of cover images, which are larger than usual, showcasing the deal and its expiration date along with its standard app information including the name at the bottom.
While the name of the new feature, “Offers” is similar to the “Offers and Notifications” page, which you get when you tap on your Google account profile icon at the top right corner of the screen, the content is different. Here, you will get to see limited-time deals on apps and games.
While the change may not be prominent for the users other than the UI, it will provide the developers of apps and games another section to display their apps along with limited-time deals.
Here's what 14 top executives are saying about the 'metaverse'
Elon Musk congratulates space startup Astra for reaching orbit for the first time
Electric vehicles won't save us — we need to get rid of cars completely
Popular on BI
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Finland is offering free vacations for people to come and learn how to be happy after being named the happiest country in the world
- Torrent Investments not to participate in 2nd auction for Reliance Capital; Hinduja sole bidder
- Climate change threatening tea sector globally: ITA
- Over 23,000 techies lose jobs in nearly 82 Indian startups to date
- Scientists create car parts from lemons, corn, almonds and pomegranates that are better than traditional parts
- Cabinet clears dearness allowance hike by 4%