How to customise and match icons to your wallpaper on Android 12
Android 12brings in tons of customisable features.
- It allows users to change wallpapers and match app icons to them.
- This article shows you ways of how you can enable changes to your phone’s
Android 12 also brings the option to customise your phone wallpapers and the colour of the icons. When you select a new wallpaper and then enable “themed icons”, it lets your apps match the style and colour of your selected wallpaper. The change is also applied to the Quick Tiles and other elements.
Here’s how to change wallpaper and enable “themed icons”
- Long press on any empty part of your phone’s home screen.
- Tap on “Wallpaper & Style”.
- Now select “Change wallpaper”.
- You can now choose the wallpaper of your choice from the options provided by Google, or your own Photos.
- Once you select a wallpaper, you will be shown a preview of how it will look on your screen. If you like it, you can tap on the tick icon to proceed further, or else you can go back and select a different wallpaper image.
- Then a pop-up will appear that will ask whether you want the selected wallpaper to appear on your home screen or lock screen or both.
- Once done, the changes will appear on your home screen as soon as you go back from the wallpaper changing screen.
This works with both Google’s own wallpapers and your own photos as wallpapers as the system picks the most suitable colour and assigns it to the apps.
If you wish to see customise the theme in different colours, go to the “Wallpaper & style” page again. Now, scroll and select “Wallpaper colors” and choose one of the colour combinations shown or tap on “Basic colors” to apply changes across your phone.
These changes may feel insignificant to many users, however, they make the phone feel more personalised. Folks at The Verge said the “themed icons” feature changed the look of some icons, but the change was not applied uniformly across all applications in their case.
Indian brands lead TWS market — local players record country’s highest ever shipments in Q3 2021
PUBG New State vs BGMI: What’s changed in the upcoming game?
WhatsApp may soon allow you to delete messages going back several years
Popular on BI
- Newsletter content
- When will Paytm start making money
- Going to take a digital loan? Read this before you do it
- India's GDP growth up at 8.4% in second quarter compared to a contraction of 7.4% in same period last year
- From Google to Twitter to Microsoft, here's a list of Indian CEOs currently heading top global companies