Google rolls out updates in video calling app Meet for Android and iOS
The Meet app for Android and iOS now has filters and masks you can play with -- simply tap the sparkle button at the bottom right corner of your video call to bring up the Effects options.
AdvertisementUnder Styles, you'll see lens flare effects and color overlays you can apply to your video. If you want to see the truly fun options, though, look under Filters for cute animal masks and virtual accessories you can virtually put on your face and head.
These new effects are already live and based on our tests, they're available for use even if you start a meeting through Gmail instead of through the Meet app itself, the report said.
This time, the tech giant is hoping to win over personal users with a feature that could convince them to use Meet for calls with friends and family.
The publication previously reported that Google will eventually replace its Duo app with Meet entirely. This move could be a step towards that, as well, seeing as some of Meet's new masks and filters came straight out of Duo's library, the report said.
WhatsApp is working on new image and video quality options
Crypto exchanges in Europe may have to store all transactional data as regulators set up a new anti-money laundering watchdog
Popular on BI
- Xiaomi continues to dominate Indian smartphone market despite losing market share
- Aluminum industry wants custom duty on scrap to be increased to 10% to protect domestic companies
- Bajaj Finserv, Tata Comm, Info Edge and some L&T Group companies among worst losers in the market crash
- Micromax IN Note 2 with MediaTek Helio G95 SoC, 48MP quad camera launched in India
- Micromax IN Note 2 vs Realme 9i — New budget phones compared