WhatsApp is working on new image and video quality options
- The app currently does not allow you to send high quality images and videos directly.
- Currently users are required to use a workaround by sending images and videos as a document.
AdvertisementFacebook-owned messaging app WhatsApp is working on new image and video quality options as it looks to catch up with its competitor Telegram when it comes to features.
According to WhatsApp feature tracker WABetaInfo, the developers of the app are testing new image and video quality options, allowing users to choose between best quality and data saver. This would let you send better quality photos and videos based, so you don’t have to worry about WhatsApp compression ruining them.
For now, a workaround to send high quality photos and videos is by choosing the ‘Document’ option while uploading. This prevents WhatsApp from compressing the media. However, you might not have to do it for long, if these upload options pass WhatsApp’s quality checks and are added to a future update.
Based on the screenshots posted by the tracker, WhatsApp will offer three options – “Auto”, which is selected by default, “Best quality”, with presumably less amount of compression, and “Data saver”, which will be the most useful on slow mobile data connections or low data caps.
With the “Best quality” option enabled, users will be able to send high quality photos and videos to others. At the moment, it is not known when the option will be available to users but as it is being tested, we expect it to be available soon.
WhatsApp rolls out disappearing images feature for Android beta users
WhatsApp could soon call you to verify your account
Popular on BI
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- After Germany enters recession, fears in Singapore of 'technical recession'
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel
- 10 ways to reduce your home loan EMI burden
- Global trends, macroeconomic data to drive equity markets this week: Analysts
- New Parliament building inauguration: 'Sarva-Dharma Prarthana' ceremony held
- List of Famous things to buy in Coorg