HDFC Bank’s net banking, UPI service and ATMs were down due to a 'data centre outage' but RBI demands more detailed information
- HDFC Bank’s customers were reporting unable to conduct transactions using net banking and UPI payments platform.
- The bank has stated that the problem is due to an outage at one of its data centres.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has asked
HDFC Bankto furnish more details about the cause of the outage.
According to India’s largest private sector lender, there was been an outage at one of its data centres which has left certain services to be unable. HDFC Bank, however, did not divulge the cause of the data center’s downfall — whether it is due to internal or external causes, whether it is a glitch or sabotage. The Reserve Bank of India ( RBI) has asked the bank to furnish more details.
@aayushi06 Hi, an unexpected outage at one of our data centres has impacted some of our services. We are working to… https://t.co/HiivPDftD9— HDFC Bank Cares (@HDFCBank_Cares) 1605979497000
Complaints first started coming in at around 6:00pm in the evening on Saturday, November 21 and reached their peak at 8:00pm.
From last couple of hours I am not able to withdraw money from any of the ATM, even not able to transfer amount to… https://t.co/ATMTo06V3P— suraj jethwa (@suraj64) 1605978558000
#HDFC Bank down for the past one hour. No services for net banking and atm @HDFC_Bank— Arivazhagan (@dirarivazhagan) 1605972265000
Services resumed by Sunday morning, November 22. HDFC Bank too issued a statement saying, "The services impacted following the outage have been restored. While you may face intermittent issues as the system stabilizes there is no reason to worry now! Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Thank you for bearing with us during this period."
Microplastics found at the highest point on Earth as the glaciers around Mount Everest’s death zone melt
Mumbai’s massive power cut last month may have been the work of hackers
RBI panel proposes recommendations that could redefine private bank ownership
- MPs should put pressure on Centre to include Kerala's demands in central budget:CM
- Final stage of Budget 2021-22 commences with Halwa ceremony
- Farmers' Protest: Local eateries facing tough time due to free langars at Singhu Border
- Venture Capital funding in India hits $3.1 billion in Q4 of 2020, says KPMG report
- A scary proposal to use facial recognition and AI by an Indian state has experts fuming