HDFC Bank’s net banking, UPI service and ATMs were down due to a 'data centre outage' but RBI demands more detailed information
- HDFC Bank’s customers were reporting unable to conduct transactions using net banking and UPI payments platform.
- The bank has stated that the problem is due to an outage at one of its data centres.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has asked
HDFC Bankto furnish more details about the cause of the outage.
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
- 70% OFF
boAt Rockerz 255 in-Ear Earphones with 8 Hours Battery, IPX5, Bluetooth V5.0 and Voice Assistant(Active Black)₹ 899₹ 2990Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 29999Buy On
@aayushi06 Hi, an unexpected outage at one of our data centres has impacted some of our services. We are working to… https://t.co/HiivPDftD9— HDFC Bank Cares (@HDFCBank_Cares) 1605979497000
Complaints first started coming in at around 6:00pm in the evening on Saturday, November 21 and reached their peak at 8:00pm.
From last couple of hours I am not able to withdraw money from any of the ATM, even not able to transfer amount to… https://t.co/ATMTo06V3P— suraj jethwa (@suraj64) 1605978558000
#HDFC Bank down for the past one hour. No services for net banking and atm @HDFC_Bank— Arivazhagan (@dirarivazhagan) 1605972265000
Services resumed by Sunday morning, November 22. HDFC Bank too issued a statement saying, "The services impacted following the outage have been restored. While you may face intermittent issues as the system stabilizes there is no reason to worry now! Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Thank you for bearing with us during this period."
Microplastics found at the highest point on Earth as the glaciers around Mount Everest’s death zone melt
Mumbai’s massive power cut last month may have been the work of hackers
RBI panel proposes recommendations that could redefine private bank ownership
- Let budget bring resurgence, TN CM Stalin advises officials
- Tokyo Olympics: PV Sindhu bags bronze medal in women's singles badminton for India
- GST revenue collection for July rises by 33% with ₹1,16,393 crore
- Policy ignition: India's satellite navigation sector set for higher growth trajectory
- COVID-19 cases in Kerala are spiking due to good detection, better reporting and early easing of restrictions