Instagram now lets everyone add links to Stories — here’s how to use it
- Now everyone on
- This feature was earlier exclusive only to verified accounts or those with more than 10,000 followers.
- Instagram is letting everyone add links through the link sticker.
The new feature is actually a link sticker and not the swipe up option that’s available on Instagram. As the name suggests, it’s a sticker that you can place anywhere on your Stories and people who tap on it will be redirected to that particular site.
This feature can help small businesses or brands who may want to grow their presence on the platform and their products. It can also help budding blogs and publications or even writers who want to share links to articles. It will also aid Instagram’s push for affiliate shops. The link sticker will work as an easy and inexpensive way for people to promote products or brands on Instagram.
Here’s how to use the link sticker on
Open Instagram and swipe right or tap the ‘+’ icon to upload a new story.
Decide what you want to upload to your story.
Then select the sticker icon from the top navigation bar.
Scroll down to see the “Link” sticker from the options available.
Add the link you want to the sticker and then tap done.
AdvertisementPlace the sticker wherever you want on your story.
You can also tap on the sticker to choose different colours which can help the sticker stand out so people can identify it. Instagram said it is working on ways to customise the sticker so it’s easier for people to recognise it and tap on it. There are multiple ways of customising Instagram Stories so it’s really up to you how you work around the link stickers and make people tap on them. The new feature just started rolling out so it may take some time to reach everyone.
AdvertisementIndia starts probe into Facebook’s algorithm, seeks info on moderation processiOS 15.2 beta brings App Privacy Report that shows how apps snoop on you
Popular on BI
- Italian researchers have come close to building an Iron Man-like humanoid robot with jet engines
- While we've strengthened our online business, retail stores will continue to be important for us: Alisha Malik, Metro Brands
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset seems to have surpassed Apple’s A15 Bionic in early benchmarks — but it’s too early to say
- How well do you know the logos of your favourite cryptocurrencies?
- Byju's has acquired yet another startup, this time from Austria