iOS 15.2 beta brings App Privacy Report that shows how apps snoop on you
iOS 15.2 betacomes with new features such as the App Privacy Report that was announced at WWDC 2021.
- App Privacy Report gives detailed information on what apps accessed and when, and also the domains it contacted.
- This is another major privacy feature Apple has introduced after privacy labels.
AdvertisementApple has started rolling out the beta version of
The new feature is available with iOS 15.1 beta which is available to developers only. If interested you can sign up your Apple ID to the Apple Developer Program website, download the configuration profile and install the update. Testing a beta version of the update may have bugs that could result in some features or apps not working properly on your iPhone.
Coming back to the App Privacy Report, this feature gives users detailed information on what and how much data apps have on you. The App Privacy Report will be available in Settings with details under each app. According to Apple, it will show “how often apps have accessed your location, photos, camera, microphone, and contacts during the last seven days.”
In addition to this, the App Privacy Report will even show which apps have contacted other domains and how recently they have contacted them. According to screenshots shared by MacRumors, Apple lists apps with details like the Weather app accessing location information seven seconds ago. It has another tab for app network activity, another for domains contacted directly by apps, and websites visited in the app.
With App Privacy Report, Apple is taking user privacy to another level and it’s like an extension of the privacy labels it introduced with iOS 14. This one shows the kind of data apps collect, and which data is used to track you, data that are linked to you and also data that isn’t linked to you.
How to use SharePlay and ProRes on iOS 15.1
Apple glasses may feature a direct retinal projector that could project a screen over user’s eyeballs
Popular on BI
- Foreign investors have pulled out more money this year than they brought in between 2009-2021
- Cotton seed price rise is making life tough for dairy farmers who use it as cattle feed
- Maruti Suzuki, Zomato, Marico among stocks to watch out for on May 24
- Paradeep Phosphates IPO — how to check allotment status
- Aether Industries Limited IPO open today — check out other important dates