WhatsApp rolls out drag and drop and search by date feature to its iOS app — Here's how to use it
- If the features are unavailable, you must update the application with the latest version.
- Read further to know what new features are introduced and how to use them.
AdvertisementWhatsApp has started rolling out features in its recent update on App Store. The update comes with the ability to search messages by date and drag and drop images, videos, and documents from other apps (Safari, Photos, and Files). The update also now allows users to hide their online status.
Users need to update their WhatsApp with the latest version (23.1.75) to use these features.
The ability to search messages by date will allow you to have more control over your chat history and the messages shared in the past. This feature can be helpful as it will be easy and quick for a user to jump to a specific date to search for messages.
WhatsApp regularly drops in new features and works on making the messaging platform safe and secure with end-to-end encryption and new security features. Recently, WhatsApp also activated blocking users directly from the chat list or the notification bar itself.
Let's look at how to use these features-
Search by date
- Open the WhatsApp application and click on a chat you want to search for old messages.
- Open the contact info by clicking on the name of the person.
- Along with the audio, video, and pay, a new 'search' option will be visible.
- After clicking on the search option, WhatsApp will open your selected chat.
- Now click the icon above the keyboard and search for the date, month, and year you want to search messages.
- Choose the document, image, or video you want to share from the gallery, Safari, or files.
- Long press the document/image/video you selected and swiped your finger onto the screen.
- Now, while holding the picture, use your other hand to close the gallery/Safari/files and open WhatsApp.
- Open the chat you want to share the image with and drop the image in the chat.
- Open WhatsApp and go to settings.
- Click on privacy settings and tap on 'last seen and online'.
- Choose from the 'everyone' or the +'same as last seen' option.
Android users will soon be able to transfer WhatsApp chats without needing to backup on Google DriveIndian startup EMotorad launches e-bikes that cost up to ₹5,00,000
Popular on BI
- I asked Microsoft's 'new Bing' to write me a cover letter for a job. It refused, saying this would be 'unethical' and 'unfair to other applicants.'
- Microsoft's ChatGPT-powered Bing browser now available publicly
- Don't be in a hurry to prepay but plan EMIs better, say experts as home loan burden set to rise
- India's first solar-powered electric vehicle could cut your daily transportation costs by one-third!
- Love is in the air, but so are scammers: Protect yourself from valentines day dating app frauds
- Data AI firm Tredence announces ESOP buyback worth ₹240 cr, 270 workers to benefit
- Startup founders focus on profitability, hope for higher valuations: InnoVen Capital report
- Startup working to bring MSMEs into metaverse secures funds on Shark Tank India