Instagram may soon add an option to make 90-second long Reels
- It currently offers 15, 30 and 60-second options for making Reels.
- It could soon extend it to 90 seconds.
AdvertisementInstagram has been building on its TikTok-like short video platform Reels. After launching it globally in 2020, there have been updates to expand Reels on the app. Instagram also regularly adds new features and improvements to Reels. A new update that could arrive soon is the option to make 90 second Reels.
Instagram currently lets you record 15 second, 30 second and 60 second long Reels. It added the option to record 60 second Reels last year in July, and it is now working on making the video duration longer. Spotted by app researcher Alessandro Paluzzi, Instagram is testing a 90 second option for Reels. There’s a button among the Reels editing tools that lets you choose between the different time durations. And a new option for 90 seconds has also been spotted.
It won’t be surprising if Instagram does increase the length of videos for Reels since it’s one area the company is focused on. This would also be another feature that Instagram borrows from TikTok which increased the video length from 60 seconds to 3 minutes last year. Both Instagram and TikTok have at least 1 billion monthly active users.
Other than the vertical feed and short videos, Instagram has continued to copy a lot of TikTok features. Some of the popular ones include the Remix option that lets you duet or remix with other Reels, the text-to-speech and voice effects, and Reels replies in comments.
As for the 90-second Reels option, it’s still in the works and there’s no word on when Instagram will actually roll it out.
OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G with 5,000mAh battery, Snapdragon 695 and an affordable price tag to launch in India
All things tech in Nirmala Sitharaman's budget speech
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade