Meesho becomes most downloaded e-commerce app globally
Meesho saw over 57 million downloads across the
"We have always kept our users at the heart of our innovations. Whether it is our industry-first 0 per cent commission model for sellers or building a nimbly-sized application, we are ensuring Meesho is easy to use for users even from the farthest corners of our country,"
"Our success comes from a laser-sharp focus on building for India's Tier 2 markets. With an aim to democratise internet commerce for everyone, we will continue to digitise India's unorganised retail industry with more Bharat-first initiatives," Aatrey added.
According to a recent Sensor Tower, during this period, the homegrown social commerce platform also became the only Indian company and e-commerce platform to feature among the top 10 most downloaded non-gaming apps across the world in October 2021.
With new additions such as sports and fitness, pet supplies, automotive accessories among others, Meesho has now grown its roster to over 700 product categories.
Ola S1 and S1 Pro test rides begin in Delhi, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad and Kolkata, buyers from other cities complain
Here’s how you can protect your smartphone from exploding
Popular on BI
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- International air travel penetration remains low in India: CAPA
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts