Microsoft could be expanding the ‘Apps’ feature of the Your Phone app to more apps
Microsoftcould expand support for the ‘Apps’ feature of the Your Phone app to the Galaxy A52.
- This feature lets you use Android apps on your Windows 10 PC, and run them on multiple windows.
- It’s currently limited to Samsung smartphones, and that too select models.
According to a tweet by Aggiornamenti Lumia, an account that keeps track of Microsoft updates, the Samsung Galaxy A52 is seen supporting the ‘Apps’ feature of the Your Phone app. The Galaxy A52 is eligible for the Your Phone app but it currently supports only two features - Link to Windows and phone screen. It doesn’t support Apps or RCS messaging. Apps basically let you access Android apps installed on your PC. It also lets you add these Android apps as favourites on your PC, pin them to the Start menu and taskbar. You can also open these apps in separate windows and use them simultaneously with your PC apps.
Enabling "Your Phone" Apps on unsupported Android devices ✅ https://t.co/nExYKPNcA7— Aggiornamenti Lumia (@ALumia_Italia) 1627804740000
This feature is currently available only for select Samsung smartphones, and the Galaxy A52 isn’t part of that list yet. But based on the tweet shared above, it looks like Microsoft is readying to expand this feature to the Galaxy A52, and more smartphones could be added as well. For now, the Galaxy A52 supports Link to Windows which is the most basic feature of the Your Phone app. This feature lets you easily transfer photos, videos and other content from your phone to your PC. The other feature is the phone screen which, as the name suggests, lets you mirror your phone’s screen to your PC.
Microsoft also offers RCS messaging through the Your Phone app but this feature is even more limited now. It’s available only on the Galaxy Note 10 series, Galaxy Note 20 series, Galaxy S10 series, Galaxy S20 series and Galaxy Z Flip.
How to download iCloud for Windows so you can sync your files across Apple devices and a PC
AdvertisementWindows 365 lets you use the Windows operating system from any device, anywhere
Popular on BI
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders