Netflix rolls out Spatial Audio support for iPhone and iPad – here’s what it means
Netflixis rolling out support for Spatial Audio for iPhonesand iPads.
- Spatial Audio offers an immersive audio experience, optimising the sound frequencies based on the direction of your head and the device.
- Devices running iOS 15 will also be able to experience this feature on non-Dolby Atmos content.
AdvertisementStreaming giant Netflix has rolled out
According to 9to5Mac, Netflix has confirmed the rollout now. It was initially reported by users on Reddit. Users with iPhones and iPads running iOS 14 or later can enable Spatial Audio while using Netflix. The feature can be toggled from the Control Center.
At the moment, Spatial Audio is exclusive to AirPods Pro and AirPods Max.
If you have an eligible iPhone or iPad and the compatible AirPods, you can start experiencing this feature on Netflix now. If you don’t have it yet, make sure you update to the latest version of Netflix on your device. If you don’t have it even with the latest update, you will have to wait as Netflix is rolling this out slowly.
What exactly is Spatial Audio?
Spatial Audio is Apple’s implementation of surround sound. The feature enables your headphones – AirPods Pro and AirPods Max – to track the movements of your head or the device to direct sound and adjust sound frequencies each ear receives. This is achieved using the gyroscope and accelerometer in the AirPods, which explains why the AirPods Pro and Max are compatible.
iOS 15 takes it to the next level with the Spatialise Stereo option that enables surround sound even for non-Dolby Atmos content.
To be clear, Spatial Audio is not the first implementation of surround sound.
A new report is accusing Apple's engraving service of censoring political phrases in its China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan stores
Biggies like Samsung and Apple to newbies Realme and OnePlus, everyone wants a pie of the Indian tablet market
How Netflix is changing the global entertainment industry
Popular on BI
- Sula Vineyards to open IPO next week from Dec 12-14; GMP already at ₹70 per share
- India to add 9 million gig jobs by 2025 says Indeed report
- From Brahmastra to KGF: The most searched movies on Google in 2022 in India
- Adjusted for inflation, policy rate still remains accommodative, says RBI Governor
- Here are the best international roaming plans offered by Airtel, Reliance Jio, and Vi