PUBG set for a comeback in India – to set up a local office, hire 100 employees and invest $100 million in the Indian market
PUBGCorporation announced that it will soon be launching PUBG MobileIndia, which will be a new game made specifically for the Indian market.
- For the new version of PUBG, the company will set up an Indian subsidiary with a local office in the country and will also hire 100 employees to begin with.
- The company has also said that it will put more focus on privacy and security in India.
PUBG Corporation is a subsidiary of the South Korea-based KRAFTON, Inc. Earlier the company had also signed a partnership with Microsoft Azure’s cloud service.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUFor the new version of PUBG, the company will set up an Indian subsidiary with a local office in the country and will also hire 100 employees to begin with.
After being banned in India over suspicions of data being shared with China, the company has said that it will put more focus on privacy and security in India. “The company will conduct regular audits and verifications on the storage systems holding Indian users’ personally identifiable information to reinforce security and ensure that their data is safely managed,” said the company in a statement.
To further set up a strong foothold in India, PUBG Corporation also said that it would be investing $100 million to build the country’s gaming environment. “The company also plans to make investments by hosting India-exclusive esports events, which will feature the biggest tournaments, the largest prize pools, and the best tournament productions,” said the statement.
PUBG Mobile could return to India riding on Microsoft’s Azure cloud service
Here's the break up of India's $35 billion Diwali stimulus
What is Atmanirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana
- WhiteHat Jr’s CEO Karan Bajaj quits exactly a year after Byju’s acquired the company
- India adds 42,625 COVID-19 cases and 562 deaths in a day
- Five things to remember while investing in mutual fund when markets are high
- Lux's latest campaign features power couple Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli
- Mirzapur season 3 not in top 10 most-awaited Hindi web series as per YouGov’s survey