PUBG set for a comeback in India – to set up a local office, hire 100 employees and invest $100 million in the Indian market
PUBGCorporation announced that it will soon be launching PUBG MobileIndia, which will be a new game made specifically for the Indian market.
- For the new version of PUBG, the company will set up an Indian subsidiary with a local office in the country and will also hire 100 employees to begin with.
- The company has also said that it will put more focus on privacy and security in India.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 48% OFF
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 (Mystic Bronze, 8GB RAM, 256GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 44999₹ 86000Buy On
- 47% OFF
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G (Cloud Navy, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 39990₹ 70499Buy On
- 23% OFF
Redmi 9 (Sky Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8499₹ 10999Buy On
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)₹ 13999₹ 15999Buy On
- 17% OFF
Redmi Note 10 Lite Aurora Blue 4GB RAM 128GB ROM | Alexa Built-in₹ 14999₹ 15999Buy On
PUBG Corporation is a subsidiary of the South Korea-based KRAFTON, Inc. Earlier the company had also signed a partnership with Microsoft Azure’s cloud service.
For the new version of PUBG, the company will set up an Indian subsidiary with a local office in the country and will also hire 100 employees to begin with.
After being banned in India over suspicions of data being shared with China, the company has said that it will put more focus on privacy and security in India. “The company will conduct regular audits and verifications on the storage systems holding Indian users’ personally identifiable information to reinforce security and ensure that their data is safely managed,” said the company in a statement.
To further set up a strong foothold in India, PUBG Corporation also said that it would be investing $100 million to build the country’s gaming environment. “The company also plans to make investments by hosting India-exclusive esports events, which will feature the biggest tournaments, the largest prize pools, and the best tournament productions,” said the statement.
PUBG Mobile could return to India riding on Microsoft’s Azure cloud service
Here's the break up of India's $35 billion Diwali stimulus
What is Atmanirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana
Popular on BI
- Best coffee and tea mugs for your office or home
- WHO may approve Bharat Biotech's Covaxin 'within 24 hours' for emergency use, according to media reports
- Axis Bank posts highest ever quarterly net profit that grew 86% on year
- Pitch your startup ideas at IIT Bombay’s business model competition Eureka! — Here’s how you can apply
- Fino Payments Bank will be the first fintech startup in India to get listed on the bourses and it is profitable