Twitter for iOS starts testing a Reddit-like upvote and downvote button
Currently under testing with a select group of
"Some of you on iOS may see different options to up or down vote on replies. We're testing this to understand the types of replies you find relevant in a convo, so we can work on ways to show more of them," Twitter posted on Thursday.
"Your downvotes aren't public, while your upvotes will be shown as likes," the company informed.
According to the micro-blogging website, the experiment is just a test for research right now and is not a "dislike button".
"Your downvotes are visible to you only and votes won't change the order of replies," the company said.
Twitter earlier experimented with ideas like reactions that appeared to mimic the emoji reactions
In November last year, Twitter product lead
Beykpour said that dislike buttons or a downvote capability is "something we're (Twitter) exploring".
AdvertisementSEE ALSO -
Apple could finally bring the always-on display feature on the iPhone 13
G R Infraprojects IPO makes a strong listing on exchanges with over 100% premium, shares open at ₹1700
Popular on BI
- From usernames to secret codes for locked chats, here are the upcoming WhatsApp features
- Coal sector PSUs poised to cross ₹21,030 crore Capex target for 2023-24
- Stock markets snap six-day rally; Sensex slumps over 400 points
- From Lathmar Holi to Jallikattu: India's most unusual festivals
- Orient Technologies files draft papers with Sebi to mop-up funds via IPO