Twitter for iOS starts testing a Reddit-like upvote and downvote button
Currently under testing with a select group of
"Some of you on iOS may see different options to up or down vote on replies. We're testing this to understand the types of replies you find relevant in a convo, so we can work on ways to show more of them," Twitter posted on Thursday.
Advertisement"Your downvotes aren't public, while your upvotes will be shown as likes," the company informed.
According to the micro-blogging website, the experiment is just a test for research right now and is not a "dislike button".
"Your downvotes are visible to you only and votes won't change the order of replies," the company said.
Twitter earlier experimented with ideas like reactions that appeared to mimic the emoji reactions
In November last year, Twitter product lead
Beykpour said that dislike buttons or a downvote capability is "something we're (Twitter) exploring".
SEE ALSO -
Apple could finally bring the always-on display feature on the iPhone 13
G R Infraprojects IPO makes a strong listing on exchanges with over 100% premium, shares open at ₹1700
Popular on BI
- Apple is hiring engineers and interns for their tech team in India
- Actor James Michael Tyler, known for his role as Gunther on 'Friends,' has passed away at 59 from prostate cancer
- Apple is being sued by a San Francisco man for $1,383.13, the exact cost of his iPhone 12. He says the company refused to fix the device while it was under warranty.
- OYO IPO now faces a hurdle from a hotels lobby with 55,000 members, aside from Zostel
- Best nose pins for those without piercing in India
- Zika virus: Centre sends a multi-disciplinary team to Uttar Pradesh's Kanpur after a 57-year-old man dies due to the virus
- Paint makers stress over high raw material costs and fewer tinting machines even as festive demand picks up
- Best nail cutter sets in India