Check out upcoming new WhatsApp features in 2023
- WhatsApp is planning to bring avatars and screenshot-blocking features in 2023.
- Some of the given features are already being tested by beta users.
- Here's a breakdown of the top upcoming WhatsApp features in 2023.
AdvertisementMeta-owned instant messaging app WhatsApp updates with new features and tools to enhance the user experience. By the end of 2022, or the beginning of 2023, WhatsApp users can expect many new features from WhatsApp for both business and personal accounts.
Recently, WhatsApp has increased the file sharing limit to 2GB and launched a new feature, Communities. Besides this, new message reactions are also available to general users.
This article looks at expected WhatsApp features to launch by the end of 2022 or by the beginning of 2023. Our list also includes different under-development features that have been spotted by the community or so.
Currently, this feature is in beta testing. The screenshot-blocking feature will prevent users from taking screenshots of the ‘view once’ video and images. Users can use this feature to enable screen recording and capturing restrictions for media that are being shared. All users could soon have access to this feature by the end of 2022 or the beginning of 2023.
Clickable links on WhatsApp status
With this feature, users can enable hyperlink URLs in the caption in status updates similar to ‘story’ on Instagram. This will allow viewers to access URLs by simply clicking on the links.
WhatsApp Premium for Businesses
Reportedly, WhatsApp is developing a subscription service for WhatsApp Business. Similar to premium services like Telegram, WhatsApp Premium for Business will give some extra perks, such as custom business links and connecting more than four devices to a single account.
New Business Tool tab in WhatsApp Business
Soon, users will have a new tab, Business Tool, on the app’s home screen. This new tab allows users to immediately access Business Tools without going through in-app settings. The new tab will include a company profile, Instagram, and Facebook ad connectivity.
Since the launch of Avatars on Facebook and Instagram, we may soon see Avatar on WhatsApp. According to wabetainfo, WhatsApp is planning to introduce avatars. Using them, you may use an avatar as a mask while making the video call and as a sticker.
Companion Mode - multi-device sync
The WhatsApp Companion Mode will allow users to link a secondary mobile device to their existing WhatsApp account, including tablets. Users can only link their existing WhatsApp account to a desktop using Web WhatsApp.
The increased time limit for deleting sent messages
WhatsApp is planning to increase the time limit for deleting the sent messages. Currently, users can delete the sent messages within 1 hour, 8 minutes, and 16 seconds.
Ability for admins to delete unwanted messages in the group
AdvertisementThis feature allows the group admin to delete messages from the group chat. Once the admin deletes the message, it won’t be available to any group member.
Retrieve deleted messages on WhatsApp
The WhatsApp beta users already have access to this feature, and it is anticipated that by the beginning of 2023, it will be available to all other users as well.
OnePlus Nord Watch review: A decent watch with a hint of premiumness under a budget
This bio-engineered houseplant claims to clean the air as efficiently as 30 air purifiers
Popular on BI
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google recruiter says he discovered he'd lost his job after a call with one of his candidates suddenly disconnected
- Google may release Pixel Tablet Pro with Tensor G2 chip
- BMW launches its 3rd gen BMW X1 in India
- YouTube Music on the web gets mood filters
- Premium segment contributed 35% of overall smartphone market revenue in 2022
- US industry urges FM to rationalise, simplify direct and indirect taxes in India