From avatars to hiding online status—list of top new upcoming WhatsApp features
- WhatsApp is planning to bring Avatars similar to Facebook and Instagram.
- Some of the features are already being tested by beta users.
- Here's a breakdown of the top upcoming WhatsApp features in 2022.
If you’re a regular WhatsApp user, keeping tabs on the latest updates and upcoming features is worth keeping tabs on.
This article looks at expected WhatsApp features to launch by the end of 2022. Our list also includes several under-development features that have been spotted by the community or so.
Since the launch of Avatars over Facebook and Instagram, we may soon see Avatar on WhatsApp. According to wabetainfo, an instant messaging app is planning to introduce avatars. By using them, you may be able to use an avatar as a mask while making the video call and as a sticker.
According to the WhatsApp beta for Android 18.104.22.168 update, you can customize your avatar, similar to Facebook.
Unread chat filter
WhatsApp has already rolled out the ability to filter unread chats on WhatsApp Desktop beta, and now the company is planning to release the same for
With this new update, users can filter their chats by showing the ones that only contain new messages.
Soon WhatsApp users will be able to use eight emojis to react to status updates (Face with Tears of Joy, Smiling Face with Heart-Eyes, Face with Open Mouth, Party Popper, Clapping Hands, Crying Face, Folded Hands and Hundred Points).
Currently, the feature is under development, but we don’t know when WhatsApp plans to release this feature.
Larger group size
Currently, WhatsApp allows 256 people in a group, but the company has a plan to increase the group limit to 512 people. This is a relief for admins and users who wanted to add more people to the group discussion also, with this new update, WhatsApp will come one step closer to Telegram. In Telegram, the admin can add 100,000 people using ‘Supergroups.’
More participants in voice calls
WhatsApp has announced that the company will increase the group call limit to 32 people. Currently, the company is only allowing eight people in a group call. Again this update will bring WhatsApp close to other chat apps like Telegram, which has no limit on the number of people in a group voice chat.
Ability for admins to delete unwanted messages in group
With this feature, the group admin can delete problematic messages from the group chat. Once the admin deletes the message, it won’t be available to any group member.
Companion Mode - multi-device sync
The WhatsApp Companion Mode will allow users to link a secondary mobile device to their existing WhatsApp account, including tablets. Currently, users can only link the existing WhatsApp account to a desktop using Web WhatsApp.
Increased time limit for deleting sent messages
WhatsApp is planning to increase the time limit for deleting the sent messages. Currently, users can delete the sent messages within the time limit of 1 hour, 8 minutes, and 16 seconds.
Elon Musk reportedly had an affair with the wife of Google co-founder and longtime friend Sergey Brin, prompting his divorce earlier this year
Consumer IT spending to slide further amid recession fears in Asia-Pacific
Popular on BI
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Here’s a list of stocks that can benefit from the festive season
- Ratan Tata launches Goodfellows which helps senior citizens make friends
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Concord Biotech files for an IPO
- Ather 450X Gen 3 vs Ola S1 vs TVS iQube S – price, specs and features compared
- Adani Transmission becomes first group company to hit ₹4 lakh crore market cap
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader