WhatsApp could soon call you to verify your account
- This feature is called Flash Calls and it allows WhatsApp to verify your account login by calling your phone number.
- This feature is used by the popular caller identification app Truecaller.
This feature, called Flash Calls, was spotted by WhatsApp tracker WABetaInfo, in the latest beta version of the Android app. It is still under development but could become available in a future update.
Flash calls for verifying an account or login are not new. For instance, Truecaller, a caller identification app, already uses this method to automatically verify your account.
According to the post, if you choose the Flash Call verification method, WhatsApp will require permission to make and manage calls, and access your call logs. Alternatively, you can choose to receive a one-time password (OTP) via SMS. WhatsApp automatically detects and verifies your account via this method as well.
One of the major additions to WhatsApp coming soon is multi-device support. WhatsApp chief Will Cathcart and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg have revealed that it will be added in “a month or two”.
Once this feature is available, you will be able to stay logged in to multiple devices, perhaps like Telegram. But the exact implementation remains to be seen.
Disappearing Mode to mimic Snapchat
WhatsApp’s Disappearing Mode will turn it into a Snapchat replacement, allowing you to send disappearing messages to all your contacts, instead of turning it on for individual chats.
All individual and group chats will have disappearing messages turned on by default once you enable Disappearing Mode. This feature is already available in Facebook Messenger and Instagram called Vanish Mode.
Other WhatsApp features under development
WhatsApp has added a few other features or is working on them.
For instance, some users on WhatsApp beta on Android should start seeing a sticker shortcut next to the smiley button.
AdvertisementOther features in the works include voice and video calls on the web, JioMart integration and more.
WhatsApp rips off another Snapchat feature — this time Disappearing Mode
WhatsApp to soon introduce voice and video calls for Web, multi-device support, JioMart integration and more
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Chinese smartphone brands under scrutiny, government to check components, pre-installed apps: Report
- Best AMD Ryzen laptops in India
- Best TVs with HDR support in India
- Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million, making it the most expensive in Yacht Club collection
- Startup salaries have increased over 40% in the last six months
- Jio, Ola, Accenture, IBM and more are looking for data scientists across India