WhatsApp may soon allow you to delete messages going back several years
- Users may soon be able to delete the messages for an indefinite period.
- Currently, users have 4,096 seconds to delete a message.
AdvertisementPopular messaging app WhatsApp is reportedly working on a new feature that will allow users to delete their messages even months after sending them. This will also allow you to delete the messages that you had sent before without having to worry about the time.
As per a WaBetaInfo report, the time limit for using the “delete for everyone” feature may be increased to an indefinite period. In the image shared, we can see that the user is able to delete a message that was sent over two months ago.
The “delete for everyone” feature that allows you to delete sent messages was introduced in 2017 and during the initial launch, users could only delete messages for up to seven minutes after sending them.
In 2018, WhatsApp increased the time limit from 7 minutes to 4,096 seconds, which is 1 hour, 8 minutes and 16 seconds.
When you delete a message, it is replaced by a message stating that “This message was deleted”.
In addition to this, WhatsApp is also working on a new feature that will offer sticker suggestions to users as they type the message.
WhatsApp is also working on a new video playback interface for iOS users for videos shared from YouTube, Instagram and other platforms. This feature will allow iOS users to play the video in full screen, move the picture-in-picture mode easily and quickly end the video.
WhatsApp users will soon be able to manage who can see their last seen, profile picture, about info using desktop app
WhatsApp offers ₹51 cashback as it takes on PhonePe and Google Pay in India
Facebook goes all-in on its ‘metaverse’ ambitions, consolidates itself, Instagram, WhatsApp and others under Meta
Popular on BI
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Mumbai
- Reliance Retail receives full subscription amount of Rs 2,069.50 cr from KKR, allots 1.71 cr shares
- As inflation continues to remain high, RBI likely to keep interest rates unchanged
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Bangalore
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning