WhatsApp rolls out redesigned icons, working on “Done” and “Undo” buttons for media editing
- Users must update to the latest beta version to witness the new changes in some sections.
- The company is also working to bring out new buttons to the media editing tool.
AdvertisementWhatsApp, with its latest 18.104.22.168 beta update, has brought in fresh changes to some of the sections by updating its icons. Along with it, WhatsApp is also working to bring a “Done” and “Undo” buttons to help users edit media.
As reported by WABetaInfo, the Facebook-owned instant messaging platform has redesigned some of its icons, such as security, where the new icon looks more transparent and features a black lock icon enclosed in a green shield. Earlier, the same icon was in green and was enclosed in a white shield.
The new icons update rolled out on October 18 and is available for beta testers with the latest beta update. The company is developing two new buttons to improve user experience while editing media.
Since the feature is still under development, you will only see the addition of two new buttons — Done and Undo — when it rolls out in a future update. With this new update, users will have to use each editing or drawing tool individually and press the Done button to close the tool and access another tool.
Complimentary Tech Event
Transform talent with learning that works
Capability development is critical for businesses who want to push the envelope of innovation.Discover how business leaders are strategizing around building talent capabilities and empowering employee transformation.Know More
The Undo button is to return to an earlier change, and it has been there for a while. However, WhatsApp is now planning to add it to restore the previous text. Even though the WABetaInfo report confirms that WhatsApp is developing this feature, there is no speculated timeline for when it will be available to beta testers or all users.
The new icon update doesn't change much for the users except for how each sections look like but the new buttons when available could be a welcome change for users who like editing media before sharing it across on WhatsApp.
AirPods 3 vs AirPods 2: What’s new in Apple’s latest earbuds?
Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max vs M1: Here’s what Apple improved with its new custom chips
Apple MacBook Pro and AirPods 3 launched – Indian pricing, features and everything you need to know
Popular on BI
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- A man kept the same pair of contact lenses in for 3 years, causing permanent astigmatism and buildup behind his eyelids. His doctor said he's not responsible enough to wear contacts.
- Clarence Thomas wrote a scathing, nearly 50-page dissent about why the Supreme Court should have gutted voting rights
- Stock markets trade flat in early trade: HAL, Kotak Bank in focus
- Heatwave grips India - Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand to record highest temperature
- Apple Arcade looks Stronger Than Ever - New & Exciting Games Announced
- What is the best date to set for your SIPs – Beginning, end, or middle of the month?
- Asus ROG Flow Z13 review – a premium gaming tablet