WhatsApp will end support for iOS 10 and iOS 11 from October onwards
- Now, iOS 12, Android 4.1 and newer versions will support WhatsApp.
- Recently, WhatsApp has rolled out emoji reactions to messages.
AdvertisementWhatsApp, one of the most popular instant messaging apps will stop working on iPhones running iOS 10 and 11, iPhone 5 and iPhone 5C later this year. According to a screenshot shared by WABetaInfo and an article posted by WhatsApp Help Center only iOS 12 and newer versions will support WhatsApp.
Users using WhatsApp on iOS 10 or iOS 11 need to update to iOS 12 to continue using a messaging app. You can still continue to use WhatsApp on iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6s but you need to update to the latest version of iOS. If you are an Android user, your phone needs to run on OS 4.1 or newer to run WhatsApp.
Unfortunately, WhatsApp will no longer be available on iPhone 5 and 5C since iOS 12 is not compatible with these devices.
We are a couple of weeks away from WWDC 2022 and we are expecting Apple to announce the iOS 16. Rumours suggest that iOS 16 will stop working on iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Recent/ upcoming updates by WhatsApp
Recently, WhatsApp has released a bunch of new features and working on a handful of updates.
Company has rolled out emojis reaction and working on working on bringing rich link previews for status updates. Rich links feature will offer more information about the link to the viewers. Some of the features are currently being tested on the iOS app and are expected to be available for Android and desktop users as well in upcoming updates.
How to react to WhatsApp messages using an emoji
Amazon is reportedly testing a program that involves Flex drivers making deliveries from mall retailers
Popular on BI
- Towards a Greener Footprint: Prioritising Carbon-Neutrality Makes Good Businesses Sense! Are Indian Firms Making the Transition?
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India