WhatsApp will soon allow you to use the same account on multiple phones
- Currently, users need to log using browsers if they wish to use the same account on a different phone.
- The multi-device feature support has been spotted on the app’s latest beta version.
AdvertisementWhatsApp is reportedly working on a new update that will allow it to finally offer a feature that has been available on Telegram for years. A new update is expected to bring multi-device support to phones.
WhatsApp has had multi-device support for some time now but the app allowed users to log in only on desktops, leaving users who wished to use the same account on different mobiles empty handed.
According to a WaBetaInfo report, WhatsApp is working on a new update that will change this. WhatsApp is working on bringing multi-device support to phones, which will enable you to use the same account on different phones.
WhatsApp companion device
WhatsApp will reportedly name the new feature as a companion device, asking users to “register the device as companion”. This will allow you to use the same account on a different phone by scanning a QR code using your primary phone.
The screen shows instructions to the users on how to connect a secondary device to their account.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap menu or settings and select Linked Devices.
- Point your phone to this screen and scan the code.
Earlier this month, a report had revealed that WhatsApp is working on a subscription plan for WhatsApp Business users that will allow them to connect their WhatsApp account with up to 10 devices.
Elon Musk takes a dig at Twitter, shares App Store ranking that shows Donald Trump’s Truth Social on top
Upcoming Instagram features: QR codes, product tagging, exclusive content and more
Google is killing call recording apps on Android phones from May 11
Popular on BI
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Here’s a list of stocks that can benefit from the festive season
- New Airtel and Reliance Jio prepaid plans compared
- Mobile accessories company Balaji Solutions files initial papers for public listing
- Ratan Tata launches Goodfellows which helps senior citizens make friends
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Concord Biotech files for an IPO
- Ather 450X Gen 3 vs Ola S1 vs TVS iQube S – price, specs and features compared