WhatsApp could soon introduce a paid subscription for multi-device support
- This subscription will improve multi-device support for the app.
- It will allow users to use the app on up to 10 devices.
AdvertisementPopular messaging app WhatsApp recently introduced multi-device support, a much-awaited feature that has been available on its rival app Telegram for a long time now.
Currently, WhatsApp allows users to connect four additional devices for free, both on the WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business. According to a report by WaBetaInfo, this may change soon as WhatsApp is looking to introduce a paid subscription for WhatsApp Business.
According to the above report, the paid subscription will allow WhatsApp Business users to connect up to 10 devices to a single WhatsApp account, making it easier for businesses to connect with their customers as multiple employees will be able to access the same account on their phones.
At the moment, it is not known if the subscription brings other features to the account but we expect the Meta-owned messaging app to introduce several other features to make the subscription plan more exciting. Even the cost and subscription period of this are not known yet and there’s non-information if this is a one-time subscription or if users need to pay a recurring fee.
The subscription will probably be limited to WhatsApp Business and regular WhatsApp users may not get this option.
Upcoming Instagram features: QR codes, Product tagging, exclusive content and more
Best upcoming WhatsApp features – download timers, message reactions and more
Truecaller is working on a new feature to help tackle unsolicited calls from insurance companies, loan providers
Popular on BI
- TCS retains No 1 spot as India’s top brand but tech sector takes a hit
- Brewing capital: Third Wave Coffee raises Series C funding with participation from existing investors
- Asian Paints' non-executive director Ashwin Dani passes away
- Mapping Zealandia: Scientists chart the tectonic secrets of Earth’s sunken 8th continent
- World Heart Day: Nourish your heart with heart-healthy foods and practical tips