WhatsApp’s Businesses Nearby feature will allow users to search for local stores, groceries, restaurant and more on the app
Twitter/ Will Cathcart
- Users will be able to get details of the nearby businesses through the search tab.
- However, it is not clear whether users can order directly from the app.
AdvertisementWhatsApp is bringing a new feature that will help its users to search for nearby businesses straight from the app. According to WABetaInfo, there will be an addition in the search menu “Businesses Nearby ” where users can look-out for nearby restaurants, groceries, apparels & clothing stores and more.
Will Cathcart, the head of WhatsApp at Meta, had earlier introduced the “Businesses Nearby” that he said would help users find and contact local businesses, like the neighborhood coffee shop, florist, clothing store and more.
How will the “Businesses Nearby” work?
Whenever users search for something on WhatsApp, a new section called “Businesses Nearby'' will also be displayed. When you select any of the categories from this section such as “Restaurants”, “Grocery Stores” and more, the related results of business accounts based on your location will pop-up.
Here, users will be able to get more details of the businesses, however, it is not clear whether users will be able to order directly from WhatsApp. If that is the case, then WhatsApp would greatly benefit both the local businesses and users.
When will the feature roll-out?
While the screenshot shared by WABetaInfo is that of Beta for Android, the same feature would also be available for iOS users, however, the release date is yet to be ascertained as the feature is under development.
It will be available in future updates for users who use WhatsApp’s Business Directory feature. For now, the Business Directory is only available for users in Sao Paulo, Brazil and there is no information when it will be available for all other users.
Once available, it will make the user’s job of finding a nearby restaurant, grocery, clothing store and more much easier.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE, Realme GT 2 Pro and more: These smartphones are launching in January 2022
The lickable television concept developed in Japan will allow viewers to taste food right from the screen
Popular on BI
- A teacher who quit and took a job at Costco says life is much better now — she has a life, can pay her bills and finally sleeps at night
- Gautam Adani takes the high road and calls off Adani Enterprises FPO after a 28% crash in stock price
- It's been a very bad month for Indian billionaires — four of the richest Indians have collectively lost about $45 billion in 2023
- Budget for the Amrit Kaal: Powered by capex, rooted in fiscal consolidation
- Gold and silver jewellery to get a lot more expensive
- India’s rich to shell out more for luxury cars, global travel but may have more to invest
- HDFC's Q3 net profit rises 13% ₹3,691 crore
- Adani Enterprises withdraws RHP, cancels agreements with several parties