WhatsApp’s Businesses Nearby feature will allow users to search for local stores, groceries, restaurant and more on the app
Twitter/ Will Cathcart
- Users will be able to get details of the nearby businesses through the search tab.
- However, it is not clear whether users can order directly from the app.
AdvertisementWhatsApp is bringing a new feature that will help its users to search for nearby businesses straight from the app. According to WABetaInfo, there will be an addition in the search menu “Businesses Nearby ” where users can look-out for nearby restaurants, groceries, apparels & clothing stores and more.
Will Cathcart, the head of WhatsApp at Meta, had earlier introduced the “Businesses Nearby” that he said would help users find and contact local businesses, like the neighborhood coffee shop, florist, clothing store and more.
How will the “Businesses Nearby” work?
Whenever users search for something on WhatsApp, a new section called “Businesses Nearby'' will also be displayed. When you select any of the categories from this section such as “Restaurants”, “Grocery Stores” and more, the related results of business accounts based on your location will pop-up.
Here, users will be able to get more details of the businesses, however, it is not clear whether users will be able to order directly from WhatsApp. If that is the case, then WhatsApp would greatly benefit both the local businesses and users.
When will the feature roll-out?
While the screenshot shared by WABetaInfo is that of Beta for Android, the same feature would also be available for iOS users, however, the release date is yet to be ascertained as the feature is under development.
It will be available in future updates for users who use WhatsApp’s Business Directory feature. For now, the Business Directory is only available for users in Sao Paulo, Brazil and there is no information when it will be available for all other users.
Once available, it will make the user’s job of finding a nearby restaurant, grocery, clothing store and more much easier.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE, Realme GT 2 Pro and more: These smartphones are launching in January 2022
The lickable television concept developed in Japan will allow viewers to taste food right from the screen
Popular on BI
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- India Inc's foreign commercial borrowings rise by 4.6% in August
- India emerges as the world's largest producer, consumer of sugar
- Scientists find new evidence for liquid water on Mars
- Both GST and Excise duty can be imposed on tobacco: Karnataka HC
- Godrej Consumer Products expects improved consumption in second half of this fiscal