Facebook, Insta and Google took down over 21 million posts in May while WhatsApp and Twitter banned over 19 lakh ‘bad’ accounts
- Twitter banned 46 thousands accounts in the same period
- Whatsapp banned 19 lakh Indian accounts
Not just that, even Twitter which has dragged the Indian government to court over censorship has been busy banning accounts — as many as 46,000 in May. The posts related to child sexual violence, nudity or violated community guidelines.
Facebook and Instagram too actioned posts for some of the same reasons – violent and graphic content, IPR infringement, dangerous organizations and individuals, spam etc.
Google has taken down third-party related content and also those that violated
WhatsApp banned 19 lakh
As per the new IT rules which came into effect last year, social media giants with over five million users have to publish compliance reports every month on the complaints received and action taken, including content removed or disabled either by proactive monitoring or an automated response mechanism.
SEE ALSO : Your ACs, fridge and washing machines may get cheaper soon
Delhi to have its own version of the Dubai shopping festival starting 2023
Popular on BI
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP