Facebook, Insta and Google took down over 21 million posts in May while WhatsApp and Twitter banned over 19 lakh ‘bad’ accounts
- Twitter banned 46 thousands accounts in the same period
- Whatsapp banned 19 lakh Indian accounts
Not just that, even Twitter which has dragged the Indian government to court over censorship has been busy banning accounts — as many as 46,000 in May. The posts related to child sexual violence, nudity or violated community guidelines.
Facebook and Instagram too actioned posts for some of the same reasons – violent and graphic content, IPR infringement, dangerous organizations and individuals, spam etc.
Google has taken down third-party related content and also those that violated
WhatsApp banned 19 lakh
As per the new IT rules which came into effect last year, social media giants with over five million users have to publish compliance reports every month on the complaints received and action taken, including content removed or disabled either by proactive monitoring or an automated response mechanism.
SEE ALSO : Your ACs, fridge and washing machines may get cheaper soon
Delhi to have its own version of the Dubai shopping festival starting 2023
Popular on BI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- 10 Must-Do activities on your next Darjeeling Trip
- Govt received ₹1,70,501 crore in April as revenue
- Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Virat Kohli & more: IPL man of the series winners since 2008
- Five personal finance deadlines you can’t afford to miss in June
- List of famous things to buy in Darjeeling