Facebook, Insta and Google took down over 21 million posts in May while WhatsApp and Twitter banned over 19 lakh ‘bad’ accounts
- Twitter banned 46 thousands accounts in the same period
- Whatsapp banned 19 lakh Indian accounts
Not just that, even Twitter which has dragged the Indian government to court over censorship has been busy banning accounts — as many as 46,000 in May. The posts related to child sexual violence, nudity or violated community guidelines.
Facebook and Instagram too actioned posts for some of the same reasons – violent and graphic content, IPR infringement, dan gerous organizations and individuals, spam etc.
Google has taken down third-party related content and also those that violated
WhatsApp banned 19 lakh
As per the new IT rules which came into effect last year, social media giants with over five million users have to publish compliance reports every month on the complaints received and action taken, including content removed or disabled either by proactive monitoring or an automated response mechanism.
SEE ALSO : Your ACs, fridge and washing machines may get cheaper soon
Delhi to have its own version of the Dubai shopping festival starting 2023
Popular on BI
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- Essential food item prices spiked in the last one year
- SC to hear SEBI's review petition against RIL on Oct 12
- OPINION: Can trust-based philanthropy become the mainstream?
- PM Modi on India’s 5G launch – here are the key points from the speech
- PM Modi inaugurates India Mobile Congress, experiences 5G devices being showcased