Google and Samsung join forces to help Android developers sync fitness data between apps seamlessly
Samsungare collaborating to develop a single hub for health and fitness data- Health Connect.
- According to Google, users will have more control over data sharing and privacy controls.
- Developers will get access to Health Connect APIs via Android Jetpack.
AdvertisementGoogle and Samsung have joined hands to give developer an opportunity to sync users' health and
Called 'Health Connect', the platform and API (application programming interface) is for Android app developers to securely access users' health data.
With user permission, developers can use a single set of APIs to securely access and share health and fitness data across Android devices, Google said in a statement.
"We're building this new unified platform in collaboration with Samsung to simplify connectivity between apps" to foster richer app experiences while also providing centralised privacy controls for users," the tech giant added.
Google is working with developers including MyFitnessPal, Leap Fitness and Withings as part of an early access programme.
In addition, Samsung Health, Google Fit and Fitbit are adopting Health Connect. All developers can get access to Health Connect's common set of APIs for Android via Android Jetpack," the company informed.
‘Health Connect' supports many common health and fitness data types and categories, including activity, sleep, nutrition, body measurements and vitals like heart rate and blood pressure.
"The users will have full control over their privacy settings, with granular controls to see which apps are requesting access to data at any given time," said Google.
The users will also have the ability to shut off access or delete data they don't want on their device, along with an option to prioritise one data source over another when using multiple apps.
How to use the realistic crying face filter on Snapchat
WhatsApp beta reveals rich link previews to display link details in status updates
Popular on BI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- 10 Must-Do activities on your next Darjeeling Trip
- Govt received ₹1,70,501 crore in April as revenue
- Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Virat Kohli & more: IPL man of the series winners since 2008
- Five personal finance deadlines you can’t afford to miss in June
- List of famous things to buy in Darjeeling