Google Maps navigation voice switching to Indian accent at random for some users
- This bug seems to be affecting users in Canada according to several tweets.
Google Maps navigationvoice randomly switches to an Indian accent from the default one.
- It happens briefly for some users and switches back to the original but stays on through the entire in some cases.
It’s not confirmed if this Google Maps bug is area-specific but according to tweets of people sharing the same experience, it seems to be happening mostly in Canada. According to some tweets, users who have their
@googlemaps what’s up with the Indian accent intermittently jumping in for Canadian direction lately?— sol125 (@solygolly) 1631815150000
my google maps, without any setting changes, decided that half my directions today were going to be delivered in an… https://t.co/2mRwWwAIc2— Mike! (@Hbnumbertwo) 1631631596000
Why does my @googlemaps voice keep randomly switching from a female Canadian voice to a male voice with an Indian a… https://t.co/GWEoaKArzD— sam (@ShutUpCoyote) 1631570640000
Canadians, your Google Maps has an indian accent rn— roldy (@h3rly_) 1631669644000
The same issue is being talked about on Reddit as well, 9to5Google reported. It looks like this has been happening for the past two days, and Google is yet to roll out an update. Google did acknowledge the issue by replying to these tweets through its Google Maps Twitter account. Google said it is working on a fix for this bug and it will be rolled out soon.
Some users said that changing the navigation voice helps fix the bug. You can do this by going to the settings menu in Google Maps and selecting navigation settings. Under voice selection, you can choose which navigation voice you want from the list of options. This could be a temporary fix till Google rolls out an update.
Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro key specifications revealed ahead of launch
Microsoft accounts can now go passwordless — here’s how to login without a password
- Donald Trump supporters baffled and divided over his claim that Republicans won't vote in 2022 or 2024
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Marjorie Taylor Greene has Zoom call silenced after 'irrelevant' impeachment testimony during hearing of Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles