Snowflake, the $12.4 billion cloud data warehousing startup, files to go public in one of the year's most anticipated tech IPOs
- Snowflake has filed papers to go public, setting the stage for one of the most anticipated IPOs in tech.
- Snowflake, a dominant player in
clouddata warehousing which is valued at $12.4 billion, plans to list on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "SNOW."
- The company reported that its revenue jumped from $97 million in 2019 to $264.7 million in 2020. But its losses ballooned from $178 million to $348.5 million in the same period.
Snowflake, the $12.4 billion cloud data warehousing startup, is going public.
The hot startup on Monday filed initial
Snowflake said it plans to raise $100 million in the filing, a figure which is typically considered a placeholder and could be updated later. The Silicon Valley tech company said it will list on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol SNOW.
Snowflake emerged as one of the strangest players in cloud data warehousing which became a hot market with the rapid growth of the cloud, the hot
Snowflake said its revenue jumped from $97 million in 2019 to $264.7 million in 2020. But its losses ballooned from $178 million to $348.5 million in the same period.
The company was reportedly aiming for a valuation of as high as $20 billion. Snowflake just raised $479 million in February at a $12.4 billion valuation. In total, Snowflake has raised $1.4 billion from investors including Sequoia and ICONIQ Capital.
Snowflake said it has about 3,100 customers, including 56 clients that contributed about $1 million in a 12-month period.
Got a tip about Snowflake or another tech company? Contact this reporter via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, message him on Twitter @benpimentel or send him a secure message through Signal at (510) 731-8429. You can also contact Business Insider securely via SecureDrop.
Claim your 20% discount on an annual subscription to BI Prime by clicking here.
- Slip and slide: Ten brands that shed the most value in 2023
- Ready to debut: Two Tata SUVs to see facelifts this October, and more
- 9 best street foods in Mumbai you must try
- 10 cool places to hangout in Mumbai
- Indian festival holiday calendar for October and November 2023 at a glance