Here’s how to check your laptop’s RAM, model number, storage, processor and other system details
- Hardware and software information is essential to know compatibility of your
laptopwith many external softwares and games.
- While the information is easily available on your computer, it is hard to find.
- Follow the steps below find your system's details.
AdvertisementKnowing what’s inside your computer is important to know which software, operating system or games are compatible with it. Be it your laptop or desktop, the hardware and software specifications are easily available. However, you have to know where to find them.
In this article, we will help you find the key configuration details such as laptop model, Windows,
Here’s how to find system details
- Windows Run Command: Press the Windows Key. This will open the Start screen. Type in "Run". Choose "Run" from the list of results you will see on the screen.
- System Information: In the Open field, type in "msinfo32" and click "OK". This will open the system information window on the screen.
- Another Method: You can open the system information window directly from the start menu by typing ‘system’ in the search field. Choose ‘system information’ under the ‘programs’.
- Details about OS, RAM and
processor: In the system information window, click on “System Summary” to view details of the OS, processor, RAM and other basic configurations.
- Laptop Model, name and Windows edition: You can also find basic information such as the laptop model, its name and Windows edition by right-clicking on the “Computer” folder and selecting “Properties”.
- Sub-Category: For more detailed information, double click on the categories such as hardware resources, components, software environment, in the system information window to view the sub-categories.
- Drive Information: To view detailed information about a sub-category such as a disk drive, ports and modem, you will need to select them to view details such as the name of the resources, device and its status.
- Components: In the system information window, double click on “Components” and select a hardware device. Here, you can view details about its name, manufacturer, location of the driver and other information.
- Specific Information: If you wish to search for some specific details about your computer, go to the System Information window and then type the relevant search term in the ‘Find what” field and then click "Find".
From colour changing cars to a 17-inch foldable laptop: Here are all the interesting announcements from CES 2022
OnePlus 10 Pro: Specifications, launch date and everything we know so far
Popular on BI
- Towards a brighter tomorrow: India's G20 Presidency and the dawn of a new multilateralism
- Exploring India's majestic glaciers: 10 frozen wonders
- New fund alert: 'Axis India Manufacturing Fund'
- Anti-collision system KAVACH, Delhi-Kolkata, Delhi-Mumbai corridor to see completion in 2024-25: Vaishnaw
- Top 10 places to visit in India in December