iPhone SE 3, new iPad and Macs — Here’s what to expect from Apple’s spring event this year
- Apple’s first event of the year will reportedly take place in March or April.
- We can expect at least three new products in addition to minor updates.
- Apple is also preparing for its widest product launch this fall.
AdvertisementApple is expected to host its first event of the year in March or April where it is expected to launch the next-generation iPhone SE. Joining the ‘iPhone SE 3’ could be a
This would be Apple’s annual spring event where the company usually announces a small batch of products. The date isn’t revealed yet but the event is expected to take place in March or April. The report added that Apple’s spring event will “feature a range of minor updates or complementary products.”
So here’s a look at what to expect from Apple’s spring 2022 event.
iPhone SE 3
Apple is also expected to retain the Touch ID button on the iPhone SE 3. A design change or upgrade is rumoured to take place with a future iPhone SE model.
New iPad Air
Apple launched the last iPad Air model in 2020. This model was a major upgrade in terms of design with square edges and a Touch ID button. It even launched in multiple colours. A new iPad Air is expected to launch at Apple’s spring event, and this model could be powered by the A15 Bionic chip.
The new iPad Air is expected to feature a 10.9-inch display, a 12-megapixel ultra wide front camera, and a single rear camera. It is rumoured to have the same design as the previous model and various colour options. The 2022 iPad Air will also have a USB Type-C port and Touch ID power button, rumours suggest.
Apple’s spring event might also see the launch of a new Mac which could be a higher-end iMac or Mac mini. And the new Mac is expected to be powered by the M1 Pro chip. This could be an upgrade to the 27-inch Mac as part of Apple’s transition from Intel to in-house chips.
Biggest fall launch
Apple’s major product launch takes place in the fall with its new lineup of iPhones, Watches and MacBooks. This year, Apple is said to launch the “widest array of new hardware products in its history.”
The product lineup includes “four new iPhones, a low-end MacBook Pro, an updated iMac, the new Mac Pro, a revamped MacBook Air, an AirPods Pro upgrade, three Apple Watches, a low-end iPad and iPad Pros.”
AdvertisementThat’s quite a lot to look forward to from Apple this year.
WhatsApp web and desktop versions to get 2-step verification
NASA’s James Webb telescope ready to arrive at its final destination, L2
Popular on BI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Personal trainer Kelsey Wells' protein-packed go-to smoothie is a 'meal in a cup' that tastes like cookie batter
- These are must to do activities in Shimla on your next visit
- ONGC to invest ₹1 lakh cr in energy transition, targets net-zero by 2038
- List of famous things to buy in Shimla
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Screen-sharing and usernames on WhatsApp soon: All you need to know