iPhone SE 3 release date, specs and price — all you need to know
- After the flagship iPhone 13 series, Apple’s next iPhone launch is expected to be the low-cost
iPhone SE 3.
- Rumours suggest an early 2022 launch for the iPhone SE 3, and upgrades like 5G.
- Here’s a look at everything we know so far about the upcoming iPhone SE.
AdvertisementRumours and leaks about the next iPhone SE model suggest Apple is working on one, and we can expect it to launch early next year. Apple launched its first ‘affordable’ iPhone SE back in 2016, and it launched another one in 2020. There was no iPhone SE this year but the rumour mill is strong on a new model launching next year.
The new iPhone SE is expected to come with some major upgrades as compared to the previous models. There isn’t any confirmation yet and we’ll only know just a few days before the launch if Apple is indeed planning a new iPhone SE model. But based on all the leaks and rumours, here’s a look at what we can expect from the iPhone SE 3.
Going by Apple’s history, the first iPhone SE was launched in March 2016 and the second-generation in April 2020. The third-generation iPhone SE is also rumoured to launch in the first quarter of 2022 which means that we can expect to see it by March latest.
According to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, the new iPhone SE will feature a similar design as the current one which looks like the iPhone 8. Based on this speculation, Apple would continue to keep the Touch ID button which means thicker bezels and no edge-to-edge touch display for the iPhone SE 3.
The iPhone SE 3 is expected to feature a 4.7-inch display much like the second-gen model. It is said to be powered by the A15 chip which is the same as the iPhone 13. With performance improvements, we can also expect battery improvements with this chip. The new iPhone SE is also rumoured to come with 5G support which would be one of the biggest upgrades for this phone. As for the cameras, rumours suggest it could be the same 12-megapixel rear camera and a 7-megapixel front camera.
Apple launched the second-gen iPhone SE at a starting price of $399 for the 64GB storage variant. There’s no word on the price yet but we’re expecting the same or similar price point for the iPhone SE 3 as well.
Upcoming features on Apple’s iOS 15, iPadOS 15, watchOS 8, macOS Monterey
Analyst suggests Apple’s upcoming mixed-reality headset will feature an M1-equivalent processor
Popular on BI
- Abu Dhabi's IHC exits Adani Green Energy and Adani Transmission
- World Heart Day: What treatments cost across top Indian cities and how to stay covered
- World Heart Day delights: Yoga, exercise, and heart-healthy living
- TCS retains No 1 spot as India’s top brand but tech sector takes a hit
- Brewing capital: Third Wave Coffee raises Series C funding with participation from existing investors