iPhone SE 3 release date, specs and price — all you need to know
- After the flagship iPhone 13 series, Apple’s next iPhone launch is expected to be the low-cost
iPhone SE 3.
- Rumours suggest an early 2022 launch for the iPhone SE 3, and upgrades like 5G.
- Here’s a look at everything we know so far about the upcoming iPhone SE.
The new iPhone SE is expected to come with some major upgrades as compared to the previous models. There isn’t any confirmation yet and we’ll only know just a few days before the launch if Apple is indeed planning a new iPhone SE model. But based on all the leaks and rumours, here’s a look at what we can expect from the iPhone SE 3.
Going by Apple’s history, the first iPhone SE was launched in March 2016 and the second-generation in April 2020. The third-generation iPhone SE is also rumoured to launch in the first quarter of 2022 which means that we can expect to see it by March latest.
According to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, the new iPhone SE will feature a similar design as the current one which looks like the iPhone 8. Based on this speculation, Apple would continue to keep the Touch ID button which means thicker bezels and no edge-to-edge touch display for the iPhone SE 3.
The iPhone SE 3 is expected to feature a 4.7-inch display much like the second-gen model. It is said to be powered by the A15 chip which is the same as the iPhone 13. With performance improvements, we can also expect battery improvements with this chip. The new iPhone SE is also rumoured to come with 5G support which would be one of the biggest upgrades for this phone. As for the cameras, rumours suggest it could be the same 12-megapixel rear camera and a 7-megapixel front camera.
Apple launched the second-gen iPhone SE at a starting price of $399 for the 64GB storage variant. There’s no word on the price yet but we’re expecting the same or similar price point for the iPhone SE 3 as well.
AdvertisementUpcoming features on Apple’s iOS 15, iPadOS 15, watchOS 8, macOS Monterey
Analyst suggests Apple’s upcoming mixed-reality headset will feature an M1-equivalent processor
Popular on BI
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Republic Day 2022 – Here is a list of wishes and messages you can send to your fellow citizens
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- OPINION: Tax consolidation schemes need of the hour for India’s renewable energy sector
- Brands celebrate Republic Day with patriotic fervour
- Air India's new policy on pre-flight weight checks is not going well with its staff
- Anand Mahindra responds after farmer's humiliation at SUV showroom
- MakeMyTrip has a new CEO as founder Deep Kalra moves into chief mentor role