Project Ironman: Leak sheds light on Motorola’s AR glasses with touchpad-bearing neckband and Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset
- Qualcomm’s latest chipset,
Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, will power the upcoming Motorola Edge.
- The chipset is also set to feature on AR wearables developed by Motorola and Lenovo.
- The wearable is being developed for Verizon 5G network.
A report in Android Central mentions Ruben Castano, Motorola's head of customer experience, teasing a new wearable that will utilise Qualcomm’s latest chipset. Castano has said that the company is bringing one of the first Snapdragon 8 smartphones and a one-of-its-kind 5G wearable. The upcoming Motorola Edge smartphone will be the one to be powered by Snapdragon 8 while with the leaks out we know what to expect from the AR headset.
The development of the AR headset is being called “Project Ironman '' and it is a collaboration of Lenovo and Motorola. Leakster Evan Blass shared some images of the upcoming wearable and gave us an insight into what it may look like.
What do you get when you cross a Lenovo AR headset with a Motorola-designed, touchpad-bearing neckband -- all of it… https://t.co/87lWEArlbB— Ev (@evleaks) 1638371887000
The image of the glasses shared by @evleaks resemble Lenovo’s ThinkReality A3 that is tethered to Motorola’s moto g100 to enable AR solutions. However, the Project Ironman glasses will also feature a touchpad-bearing neckband designed by Motorola in addition to the glasses. The neckband seems to be Motorola’s primary contribution to the wearable and it connects to the glasses via USB Type-C cable.
For now, we know that this product is being developed for Verizon 5G networks. However, with Motorola’s next Edge phone set for launch, we may hear more about the wearable very soon.
As for the pricing, liliputing expects it to be somewhere between $2000 (approx ₹1,50,000) to $2500 (₹1,87,500), which is still cheaper than its competitor, Microsoft Hololens 2’s $3,500 price tag.
Snapdragon 8cx Gen 3 — Qualcomm unveils its new Windows PC chip
LinkedIn is now available in Hindi
Popular on BI
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Republic Day 2022 – Here is a list of wishes and messages you can send to your fellow citizens
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- MakeMyTrip has a new CEO as founder Deep Kalra moves into chief mentor role
- Adani Wilmar IPO to open tomorrow; GMP at ₹50 per share
- Here’s how much buying and owning an electric scooter costs in India versus a petrol scooter
- Seven eminent persons from Tamil Nadu have been conferred with Padma Shri award for 2022
- These are some new initiatives planned for the Republic Day celebrations