Realme laptop launch imminent in India — teaser shows MacBook like finish
Realme CEOteases the first glimpse of the upcoming laptop.
- The company has been working on its laptop launch for quite some time.
- The laptop’s finish resembles that of the Apple MacBook.
AdvertisementRealme’s chief executive officer (CEO) Madhav Sheth has teased the company's upcoming device on Twitter. This time, though, the product is not a smartphone, but a
01001000B 01100101B 01101100B 01101100B 01101111B 00100000B 01010111B 01101111B 01110010B 01101100B 01100100B 00100… https://t.co/5HfzIBTY8S— Madhav Max 5G (@MadhavSheth1) 1623220227000
The Chinese brand, owned by BBK Electronics, is not the first one to enter the laptop market after having a successful run with its smartphones. Realme did not just opt for a Xiaomi-like strategy for smartphones, but has also been competing in other categories too. Xiaomi launched its first laptop around the same time last year, and now it's time for Realme to join the club.
Going by the image shared by Sheth, the finish of the laptop looks oddly similar to that of Apple MacBooks. He has also asked his followers to guess the name of the upcoming product. In January, tipster Mukul Sharma also claimed that Realme laptops could be launched around June.
Realme's timing to launch a laptop might have come a little late, but the laptop market is still hot as remote working and online schooling are still here to stay. So, the demand for laptops is unlikely to settle down anytime soon. The laptop market has seen a considerable increase in the number of units shipped since the pandemic has hit.
Here are the coolest iOS 15 features coming to iPhones
After El Salvador, Paraguay considers Bitcoin adoption
Google, Microsoft, Apple and many others are hiring for various IT roles in India —data scientists and cloud architects in high demand
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk and more than 1,000 people sign an open letter calling for a pause on training AI systems more powerful than GPT-4
- A second giant 'hole' has appeared on the sun, and it could send 1.8 million mph solar winds towards Earth
- We used ChatGPT to plan international trips - here’s a tour of the results!
- IPO fundraising hit a 9-year low in Q4 of FY23: Prime Database
- Mobile payments pioneer Paytm ‘deeply rooted in India’ — social media users hail Paytm’s QR strength that powers India’s small merchants
- US visa rules ease: Now H-1B visa holders' spouses can work in the US
- Centre gives full basic customs duty exemption on import of drugs for rare diseases
- Rev your engines: Honda Activa 125 2023 launched in India with new features and variants